• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v. #6 Xavier -- 7:00 pm on a TUESDAY! TV--Fox Sports Carolinas

It really sucks that even though we have redacted his name, his words still linger in my head. So even though classes are out, and I think we have about a 25% shot to pull off this upset, the thought of "Well, it is a Tuesday" keeps creeping into my mind.

With the disclaimer that I'm probably completely wrong, but I smell an upset tonight.

Is it true that renovations are in the works to reduce the number of seats? Have they already been made?

Ditto the last two posts. Me + 3 family members to cheer on the Deacs to victory and a return to relevance.

I expect the crowd to be pretty good. Heard a lot of people that don't normally come are coming, so that should make for a better crowd.

Xavier is very good, and I'm very concerned with our defense.

I'm very worried about the defense as well. Hope they step it up. I also think the crowd will be decent. I'll be there with my 2 sons

If Dinos isn't hitting threes early then he probably needs to be on the bench tonight. We can't afford to have that big of a liability out there defensively for big minutes if he isn't at least breaking even on offense.

If Dinos isn't hitting threes early then he probably needs to be on the bench tonight. We can't afford to have that big of a liability out there defensively for big minutes if he isn't at least breaking even on offense.

This. Dinos has bailed us out with some BIG shots this season and most likely won us 2 games. Still can't afford him to be out there chuckin' and missin' though.

Hudson guarding the Tevon Blueitt kid will be a key factor

Put me in the camp that thinks we can keep this close, but I am way too negative on our pathetic defense to think that we'll pull off the upset. Hope I'm wrong and we suddenly can get some stops.

Coming with 7. We win every time I come. Upset Baby!

We're not going to win this game with our defense. If we can hit shots from the perimeter, get Codi out in transition, and find a way to get Devin and JC the ball in the post then we've got a shot.

Xavier is solid all around team. Ranked #7 in kenpom; they have the #15 offense and the #10 defense. They are really good at getting to the line, and grabbing offensive boards. On defense, they are #2 in the nation at preventing offensive boards. DT, Collins, Crab, McClinton, Moore, Dinos and the guards will need to bring in it on the glass (WF is a bigger team than Xavier).

Xavier has played 5 KP top 100 teams (Michigan, Bama, Cincy, Dayton and USC) and beaten them all by 10+ points. This is only their second away game of the season. Xavier beat Michigan 86-70 back in November. This is Xavier's last game before their Big East season starts, and they open at Villanova; so, they could be looking ahead. Very tough game, but I think WF is better than comparative scores indicate. Think that Xavier wins by less than 10.

We're not going to win this game with our defense.

Well, of course not. It's going to be a high scoring game where the winner is above 80 points (maybe 90). My point was simply that other teams have pretty much handed us the win in a number of these close games by taking bad shots or turning the ball over... I don't expect that we can beat Xavier without a more consistent defensive effort.

Back