• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Steve Forbes! #ForbesInTheForest #Forbest

Just listened to the entire Presser....

All I can say is I'm stoked to watch this Coach go to work.

Go Deacs!!!

Probably couldn't have paid Oats as much as Alabama did, SEC $$$ goes a long way.

Kenpom data def suggests we'll see aggressiveness on defense. Of his last four teams each placed in the top 60 in terms of turnovers forced per possession, and three outta four were in the top 50 in percentage of opponents' shots that were blocked

One thing we do know is that we would have had competition for Oats. Due to circumstances (and Currie) we were the only game in town this offseason.

Is there someone less lazy than me who can post the highlights from the presser and other quotes from Forbes? I'm especially interested in anything that is a direct or indirect shot at DFL.

Is there someone less lazy than me who can post the highlights from the presser and other quotes from Forbes? I'm especially interested in anything that is a direct or indirect shot at DFL.

Go read Les‘s twitter timeline.

if not recognized he'd get turned away from deacon club events
"my word! thurston, look at that brute. call security."
Pinkys in the air! Pinkys in the air!!
giphy.gif

So we are playing in some tournament this November in Jamaica along with UMASS, Missouri State and one other team to be named later. Do we know any other non conference games yet? Is the Xavier series back on this year?

In response to a Lauren Walsh question about the importance of recruiting in-state talent and having a lot of talent in the Carolinas: "First of all, I'm never afraid to recruit against anybody. We're not going to back down to anyone in recruiting. We have too much going on here, too much to sell...I didn't have that advantage, I've been in a couple places in my life, when I coached at Idaho, you could've dropped an atomic bomb on Moscow Idaho and not hit a Division I player..."

Love it.

Damn - that Gregg Marshall interview might have me more fired up than anything else yet.

Forbes has built alot of relationships through the years, he’s very well respected in the industry.

It will be interesting to watch Nate Oats and Steve Forbes over the next 7 years to see who has the more sustainable success. I have no idea. Both are great coaches. but he would have been our home run hire last year if Currie had gotten the job a year or even a few months earlier.

I am curious how that plays out. I was really bummed we didn’t get a chance to go after Oats. He has the energy and drive we’ve wanted so bad. I am thrilled with Forbes. Hopefully, we lucked out and got the better of the 2.

Somehow I missed that there was a "welcome" thread and I've been hanging out on the "Steve Forbes" thread and trying to catch up on all the others. So weird having BB related stuff to care about again!!

Welcome to Wake Coach!! We're super excited to have you lead our squad and breathe new life into our storied, but troubled program. All of the preconditions are set and YOU are the man for the job.

After everything I've read about you, and heard in your presser, I feel much more convinced of that than ever. Can't wait to see where you take us! If nothing else, you will put the fun and energy back in to Demon Deacon basketball!! Let's go Deacs!!

Last edited:
the fact that gregg marshall went on a podcast to talk about forbes taking our job is incredible

Just started listening. Marshall believes in Wake Forest basketball more than a lot of Wake fans do. I have a tough time figuring out why we didn't hire him to replace Dino.

Some dude responded with a pic of JGray and CP3 which is both a great answer and major throwback to freshman year for me. Those were the days but shit that was 15 years ago now :tear:

Back