• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman ripped at end of article

Then what's your complaint about tougher schools not scheduling them?

Then what's your complaint about tougher schools not scheduling them?

I don't have a complaint, I was responding to your bringing up the topic:

If WSU were in a power conference, they would have played a tougher OOC schedule to begin with

And was saying that Wichita State would have played an even harder OOC in their current conference if people had played them. They tried to round out their respectable OOC schedule with more teams (ranked 96th) but were caught in a balancing act between playing teams who had good name recognition but would hurt their RPI even when they beat them (i.e. Wake) and not getting scheduled by bigger teams:

Wichita certainly wouldn't have played a much tougher OOC schedule if they were in a power conference. They tried to play a lot of schools/schedule them, but nobody wanted to play them. Low upside to playing them.

Wichita State lost the game when that goofball, Wessel, came in and missed 2 FT.

Can't be the best team in history of CBB with a guy like Wessel.

Disagree. It's a sign of parity in college basketball not poor seeding. See Mercer, Stanford, North Dakota State and Dayton.

Everybody considers those upsets.

I think the committee decided that if Wichita st was going to win the tourney, they were going to have to justify their seeding and FINALLY beat someone. Tough shit fools.

Also the Kentucky/Kansas difference in seeding was just stupid. Kansas lost 9 games prior to the tournament against the hardest schedule in the country while Kentucky lost 10 games against the sixth hardest schedule in the country. Somehow Kansas got a two seed and Kentucky got an eight seed. There is no reconciling those two.

Oh...and Kansas is 9th in KenPom, Kentucky is now 11th. So the two teams are roughly the same on paper, played roughly the same strength of schedule, had roughly the same record, have roughly the same media bias/attention given to them as large programs, and somehow Kansas got a 2 while Kentucky got an 8. Utterly indefensible. Horrific seeding.

this I agree with. Losses seemed to affect every teams seeding (like they should) except Kansas. A 2 seed with 9 losses? They lost 3 of their last 5 games going into the NCAA tournament. They should have been a 4 seed.

Everybody considers those upsets.

After the last few years, I am less and less surprised when a low seed beats a high seed. They are still exciting but don't seem like the monumental upsets they once were.

NCAA needs to let a bunch of arm- chair sportswriters do the seeding??

WSU earned their #1 seed. KY was seeded correctly, got where their season said they earned.

Back