• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman....

Wellman...

• Total voters
Can we at least now all admit we'd be WAY better off with Dino Gaudio still at the helm? Bz is TERRIBLE

I'll admit that I rather have Dino than [Redacted]. While I do think Dino needed to go for a more talented coach, we didn't hire a more talented coach. Dino needed to go for an established coach or an exceptionally bright future coach (Shaka/Stevens) and if neither of those were possible no change would have been better.

The situation would be so different if Dino had been at the helm right now. We may still be looking at a horrible record and screaming for a new coach, but I doubt we would have lost our entire fan base and basketball team. At least we would be looking for a new coach with something in tact. Whoever gets the reigns after this hurricane is going to have to start over at the foundation. :(

makes me sick to my stomach.

Assuming logically that Dino gets fired after a terrible 2011 season, it is interesting to think about how the search would have gone any different. [Redacted] was obviously a name that had lodged itself in Wellman's brain with a persistent echo. There were lots of openings last year as well... Assuming Bz didn't shit the bed in his hypothetical 4th year at CU I think we end up with him anyway just a year later.

Back