• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wells Fargo Championship

Teamramrod

Reaction score
Playing with my boy Thorbjorn Olesen tomorrow for the Monday pro-am. 1:10 tee time off of #1. Lets go

Cuss him for me please. Based on his performance in the final 3 rounds of last year's Masters, I bought a portion of the Ryan Moore/Olesen pair in a Masters Calcutta this year for $220. Bastard didn't do shit.

ETA: Hope the weather holds off until you finish your round. Enjoy.

Looks like Steve Marino got the coolest amateur group.
11:10 AM Steve Marino Dell Curry, Brad Lambert, Rodney Monroe, Stephanie Rivera (assume this is Riverboat's wife).

Last edited:
Driving down Wednesday to go for Thursday-Saturday (possibly some of Sunday too). Kind of a disappointing field again. The Players moving several years ago has really hurt participation IMO.

Looking for up to 8 tickets for Thursday. Located in High Point and can meet to pick them up anytime between now and Wednesday.

Driving down Wednesday to go for Thursday-Saturday (possibly some of Sunday too). Kind of a disappointing field again. The Players moving several years ago has really hurt participation IMO.

The Players moved in 2007, so that's been the new schedule for awhile. The field was really good one year early on (had like 28 of the top 30 in the world), but now that many top guys are cutting back on their schedules (Adam Scott, Steve Stricker, etc..), and Tiger keeps getting injured, the fields haven't been as strong recently. I was half expecting Mickelson to skip it this year since he said he's also cutting back on his schedule, but I know he probably wants to make up for letting the 2013 title slip through his fingers. I'm sure it will probably pick back up next year and in 2016 in advance of the PGA Championship being played there in 2017.

The Players moved in 2007, so that's been the new schedule for awhile. The field was really good one year early on (had like 28 of the top 30 in the world), but now that many top guys are cutting back on their schedules (Adam Scott, Steve Stricker, etc..), and Tiger keeps getting injured, the fields haven't been as strong recently. I was half expecting Mickelson to skip it this year since he said he's also cutting back on his schedule, but I know he probably wants to make up for letting the 2013 title slip through his fingers. I'm sure it will probably pick back up next year and in 2016 in advance of the PGA Championship being played there in 2017.

Right, just disappointing that it seemed like the tournament was going to be a great early season event that would be highly attended by the top golfers when it was first created, but then the move by the Players eliminated the great scheduling advantage the Wells Fargo had.

My dad went yesterday and said there are significant changes to much of the back nine for spectators. The 16th hole is apparently very different.

I lucked into some clubhouse passes for Friday and am going to spend the day watching golf before boarding a 7PM flight to India.

Early report after playing yesterday.

-Course is in great shape with the exception of a couple of spots on some of the greens (front of 8 and a couple of others)
-Hole 12 looks completely different coming off the tee-box with a new green and they took out a couple of trees
-Hole 13 has a green that is hard as a rock since it's new. Going to take a great shot to hold it close
-Hole 16 is my new favorite hole. If you go out there, sit by hole 14 green. Good vantage point of exactly how far it drops off into the water. They could shave that bank for the PGA and create all sorts of high scores

Overall, greens are hard and fast. Roll very true so some putts should be made. They can really make this course as hard as they want it with some of the pins that were out there Monday.

Should be a great tournament!

Ramrod, don't you think all the rain that is coming today & tomorrow will soften the greens pretty significantly?

Ramrod, don't you think all the rain that is coming today & tomorrow will soften the greens pretty significantly?

Some yes, but greens are still all pretty damn new to get too soft. Especially 13 and 16. 17 will be helped by some rain

Well......... Rory, Rickie, and Blixt are sure making a mess of things on 7

just awful. is this the only group golf channel is showing today?

Probably. They were the only big name group playing in the afternoon so they'll show them and then the leaders still playing.

Holy shit Phil is on fire. Some owgs at Wells Fargo must have told rory and Phil they could buy some subprime mortgages if they win.

It is absolutely uncanny how often Webb bogies his last hole!

Each of his first 3 rounds, he bogied 18. Happens a lot.

Last edited:
Ryan Moore is 7 under through 15 today. There are low scores available. I'm hoping for an exciting finish and not one ruined by another no-name (I'm looking at you Derek Ernst).

PGATour.com's online coverage with the CBS Simulcast is much better than I expected.

Back