• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball

A win here could set us up to try to take another game before the ACC tournament and maybe give us a chance to make NCAAs.

Bottom of 10th. Still tied.

Bases loaded for Deacs with one out.

Keniry singled home the winning run. 6-5 Deacs!

Edited to add: I type slow!

Wake leads 1-0 in the 5th over UVA, but if every thing else remains the same on the scoreboard we're better off losing.

With a win we will get the 7 seed and have State in the play-in game, where a win puts us in a pool with UVA, FSU, and UNC. If we lose, we get into the 8/9 play-in game against Georgia Tech and with a win will be in a pool with Miami, Duke, and Maryland. The first pool is a death bracket, the second is manageable, even though Miami is likely a walk-in-the-park to the finals.

I believe State has said they won't throw Rodon on Tuesday though so I'd say we throw Fischer on two days rest and try to get into pool play.

Wouldn't it figure that we would take 2 of 3 against #1 Virginia after ruining our NCAA by getting swept at home by a mediocre Duke team. So Wake Forest. Deacs up 4-2 in the 7th.

Wouldn't it figure that we would take 2 of 3 against #1 Virginia after ruining our NCAA by getting swept at home by a mediocre Duke team. So Wake Forest. Deacs up 4-2 in the 7th.

Yeah. Frustrating. It will be interesting if we win the play in game and could take like two of three in pool play...hell even one of three gets us to 32-27 with a total of 17 conference wins. Even with a bad RPI that's gotta be somewhat close one would think - although I think we're still pretty far out.

Clemson comes back from four runs down to beat BC in extras. Wake gets the 8 seed now no matter what it appears. They will play Georgia Tech at 3:30 PM on Tuesday in Greensboro.

Last edited:
Back