• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball

3 wins maybe to get us in the big dance? The problem is that with our pitching lack of depth, this tourney doesn't set up well for us.

Our pool is Miami, Duke, Clemson, Wake/GT winner. Double elim if we beat GT.

Our pool is Miami, Duke, Clemson, Wake/GT winner. Double elim if we beat GT.

It's not double elimination. It's the same pool system as past years, only now there's a play-in game for the last spot in each pool. The ACC originally announced that it would be double elimination awhile ago but apparently changed its mind at some point.

It's not double elimination. It's the same pool system as past years, only now there's a play-in game for the last spot in each pool. The ACC originally announced that it would be double elimination awhile ago but apparently changed its mind at some point.

Yes they had an article about it out 8-10 months ago, took it off the internet (after it had been cited by multiple websites), and then opted to not put up any format anywhere online for the next eight months. I then asked them about it and their response was "we never announced it as double elimination," and said that I must have misread the article they put out. Finally they posted the format about a month ago. Yes, the ACCT format was not available on the internet in 2014 three months into the baseball season. I even checked multiple media guides to find the format and it wasn't anywhere.

It's amateur hour. They actually pay people to do this job.

So does 3-1 get us in?

Strategy should be interesting.

Fischer against GT, and then maybe hold Kaden back for Duke /Clemson figuring that Duke and Clemson are our best chance for two wins in pool play?

Last edited:
Back