• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

Pitt is 45 in NET. If, hypothetically, we were to win, what margin of victory would drop them to below 50 and from a Q1 win to a Q2?

after the fake slide the gods owe us one against Pitt
Little do you know that the gods spoke to Kenny and comanded the fake slide, this was all part of their plan to doom Wake Forest to enternal damnation.

1 won’t do it. 10 will. In between? It depends.
I don't know that 10 would do it. Gray area given we don't have the actual #s behind the rankings. I think it'd have to be a 20+ point victory to knock them down for sure.

As I know you understand, the reason the Clemson loss, Cincy win, and Nova win all resulted in big moves was because they were like 25+ points off of the expected margin of victory.

Pitt is probably expected to lose by like 2-3 points today vs. Wake (in NET).

I don't know that 10 would do it. Gray area given we don't have the actual #s behind the rankings. I think it'd have to be a 20+ point victory to knock them down for sure.

As I know you understand, the reason the Clemson loss, Cincy win, and Nova win all resulted in big moves was because they were like 25+ points off of the expected margin of victory.

Pitt is probably expected to lose by like 2-3 points today vs. Wake (in NET).
Yeah I was using KP as a proxy. 10 points would knock them down 4 spots in KP, all else equal, and I figure someone moves up.

so a team can theoretically be punished for winning convincingly? awesome system these computers have made for us.

I'm all for metrics helping us make decisions but metrics alone shouldn't be the decision maker.

ACC net crew was split on predictions- Hancock and Joel picked Pitt— Boozer and Boeheim picked us. Boeheim’s comment was Pitt was probably the better team, but we play “together”. Don’t like Hancock picking Pitt— he’s by far the best talking head of that group.

so a team can theoretically be punished for winning convincingly? awesome system these computers have made for us.

I'm all for metrics helping us make decisions but metrics alone shouldn't be the decision maker.
Be interesting to see the reaction if someone turns around at the end of the game and makes it in their own basket to try to work the metrics.

Hopefully a uhh committee of humans will consider this.

Back