• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

We need to flush these losers down the proverbial Pittsburgh toilet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who went yesterday and what’s the beer situation at Capital One Arena?

Who went yesterday and what’s the beer situation at Capital One Arena?
About $15/can before tip. There was one random stand with some local selections near section 203 that otherwise looked the same as the other ones that were almost all Inbev.

I think beating the shit out of PITT by 25+ would be worth the damage it causes to their NET.
We are so, so close to the analytics own-goal scenario. This is the situation where a quad win is valued over a net jump (which absolutely might be true in our case), so if a team is up 20 with around 10 seconds left, the metrics math major on the sideline holds up 6 as the calculated spread max and we inbound the ball to Reid who dunks it on our own goal 7 times to ensure a quad 1 win.

Guys, we are allowed to have a little faith in the committee here. If we end up with a bunch of Quad 2A wins (UF, at BC, Clemson, Pitt) the committee will absolutely recognize that.

Now, it would probably be better to have all of those as low end Quad 1 wins, but I don't think this will be make or break for Wake's chances. It's certainly not worth worrying about as we play Pitt today, let's just crush them.

ACC net crew was split on predictions- Hancock and Joel picked Pitt— Boozer and Boeheim picked us. Boeheim’s comment was Pitt was probably the better team, but we play “together”. Don’t like Hancock picking Pitt— he’s by far the best talking head of that group.
God I hate Boeheim

We are so, so close to the analytics own-goal scenario. This is the situation where a quad win is valued over a net jump (which absolutely might be true in our case), so if a team is up 20 with around 10 seconds left, the metrics math major on the sideline holds up 6 as the calculated spread max and we inbound the ball to Reid who dunks it on our own goal 7 times to ensure a quad 1 win.
The problem here are with the 2nd or 3rd order effects feeding into the system that we don't have control over. So, if someone in another tournament beats someone that lost to someone else, that 6 point win should have been a 5 point win.

The problem here are with the 2nd or 3rd order effects feeding into the system that we don't have control over. So, if someone in another tournament beats someone that lost to someone else, that 6 point win should have been a 5 point win.
True, I just wish someone would do it as a "Look how fucking dumb this system is" moment. Running up scores, benching your walk-ons permanently, letting teams with injuries later in the season devalue your wins as you approach selection Sunday - it's all just such garbage.

Back