• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Skander was bombing his serves. Just a ridiculous performance.

Other than Ho and Romo do we expect our top 6 back next year? How common are defections, esp stud foreign players?

Other than Ho and Romo do we expect our top 6 back next year? How common are defections, esp stud foreign players?

Hard to say. Petros and DU are Jan admits and I think it's a bit hard to tell their long-term intentions. I hope they stick around, as they are incredible players and fun to watch.

Tennis also allows players to transfer without having to sit a year, so a decent numbers of transfers occur.

The great part is that Kan, Rutledge, Tabrizi, and Gadjiev are all likely quality top 6 players.

That should be a lesson for those who don't put a lot of stock in a coach when it comes to a successful program.

Does anybody do this? Maybe BKF? You're absolutely right that the head coach is hands down the most important part of a successful college sports program.

Hard to say. Petros and DU are Jan admits and I think it's a bit hard to tell their long-term intentions. I hope they stick around, as they are incredible players and fun to watch.

Tennis also allows players to transfer without having to sit a year, so a decent numbers of transfers occur.

The great part is that Kan, Rutledge, Tabrizi, and Gadjiev are all likely quality top 6 players.

I think DU is pretty much a lock to stay. As good as he is at 5/6, he's still at 5/6 - that's a long way from circuit level. I'd be more worried about Skander. Petros would probably be the most likely to leave because he was top-500 ATP before school.

Kan can definitely play at #6 on a top 5 team. But honestly I think the main reason we're better this year than last year is because we were able to knock Tabrizi out of the lineup by trading Petros AND DU for Rubin in kind of a 2 for 1. Hopefully Rutledge can ball though.

That said, if we lost both Skander and Petros I think we would be pretty weak at the top unless they could get someone late. We would essentially be losing our top four from this year

Last edited:
This thread needs a new Title! Congrats to the Deacs for pulling out the win!

unsmart

unsmart

I mean was obviously tongue in cheek but I think it's a bit ridiculous that people act like the volleyball situation is a just another piece of a department in shambles when we actually have a lot of sports that are doing really well and in fact some, like men's tennis, that are performing well beyond their "historical competitiveness"

If I'm remembering right, we've won ACC championships in three different sports in the last two years, which I would guess is right up there with the best rates in our athletics history

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if Skander, Petros, or anyone else wasn't on the team next year. The only thing that could potentially change my opinion is if one of them had an unbelievable summer of success on the pro tour.

I'd be very surprised if Skander, Petros, or anyone else wasn't on the team next year. The only thing that could potentially change my opinion is if one of them had an unbelievable summer of success on the pro tour.

Petros has already had some success in European futures events and in the Davis Cup - I wouldn't be shocked to see him go.

Back