• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

I'm with Mystery in thinking that Tabrizi is gone. I always liked him but my guess is he wants to play more, and there are alot of places that could use him. He's a good player, but just good enough to play top 6 on a top 10 team. If he is transferring still weird that he would do it before the end of the season. I also find it strange that Rutledge and Gadjiev would chose to go home instead of staying on campus for one more weekend. I can see them not going to Tulsa. If someone else gets hurt, Bloom is up, and I don't know that we want that. He's a great Deac, but not capable of winning at 6 against any of the teams left.

Alex Lazarov will play top 6 next year when he comes in January, and hopefully we can ink another recruit this summer to take the other open spot. If not, then we'll probably see who can come out on top between Kan, Rutledge, and Gadjiev for the 6 spot.

Oklahoma will be tough with Harris back in the lineup. I would have preferred a different sweet 16 opponent.

We play Oklahoma next. We've beaten them twice, but that was without their #1 player who's back now. It's going to be a really tough match--we need Bogaerts healthy.

My impression is that he will not be.

Weird about Tabrizi - if he was truly still the #8 guy, which I think he probably would have been, no way Bresky lets him go off to Israel, especially knowing that Bogaerts probably wasn't going to play.

Bogaerts injury was quite recent. Tabrizi may have left before it occurred.

Bad move to slot Kan at 4 should Bogo be out?

We can't do that. Not only would it be a blatant stack, but our lineup is already locked in for the entire tournament. If you pull someone out, everyone else just slides up a slot. You can't reorder

Last edited:
I will say I'm not nearly as pessimist about Bogaerts as some. We have five days off before we play again. If he was able to at least get on the court today, you have to think he'll be in a lot better shape six days from now

Last edited:
I will say I'm not nearly as pessimist about Bogaerts as some. We have five days off before we play again. If he was able to at least get on the court today, you have to think he'll be in a lot better shape six days from now

You'd have to think he was in pretty bad shape to forfeit his match though. Or he was already losing badly enough that it wasn't worth forcing him to play on it any more than he had to.

He might play, but in my opinion he won't be able to win.

Kei was listed at 8 on the master lineup on May 2 so either Bresky gave him permission to go to Tel Aviv (would be surprising), or sometime after the 2nd he made the decision to leave Wake.

I'm not sure whether I'd prefer to tank 4 with Romo in the lineup or give Max a fighting chance at 6. I'm guessing Bresky feels like he needs Dirk and Dennis at 5 and 6 and will keep Romo in there for singles.

He might play, but in my opinion he won't be able to win.

But if he is able to go and play reasonably, even if not win at #4, then the #5 and #6 guys stay there, presumably with better chances to win. So against OK, maybe win 2,3, 5,6?

But if he is able to go and play reasonably, even if not win at #4, then the #5 and #6 guys stay there, presumably with better chances to win. So against OK, maybe win 2,3, 5,6?

3 has been shaky all year, though Ho played incredibly well today. That was great to see.

Slander was dominant today. He could beat Harris (OK) at 1. We also have a shot at dubs.

You'd have to think he was in pretty bad shape to forfeit his match though. Or he was already losing badly enough that it wasn't worth forcing him to play on it any more than he had to.

I think it's the latter. He went out there and played long enough to make it look like throwing him on court wasn't complete BS.

I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't have played if we won doubles

Spoke with Romo after the match today and he was extremely upbeat. Said he would be fine and definitely playing next weekend. What a relief!

Back