• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Well if you think so, then it must be right.

Anyway, he's had his ups and downs, a lot of downs in past seasons, but he is killing it in recruiting and from what I've heard, now that he has a team of entirely players that he recruited, they feel a lot differently about him than some of the players that he didn't recruit.

The team was solidly top 25 for most of the year. They got kind of a tough draw in the tournament, and lost a tight match. Three of their top four players are freshmen. He may or may not be the coach that can make Wake a top 10 team on the women's side, but given obvious progress this season, I'm sure he's going to get a chance to try.

The point I was making is he is not a good coach. The school and facilities will attract top players. If the goal is to win national championships/ ACC championships you need a coach who understands how to coach tennis. What I have been told he is a very bad hire. He has out punted his coverage with this job.

Eh, women's tennis is weird. There are a lot of coaches who you wouldn't expect to be good from their personality or whatever that do very well. I understand the skepticism, but I think it's too early to tell how far he can take us. Things are clearly moving in the right direction; makes sense to wait and see where the plateau is before making a change

It looks like he's back in the lineup today, so I guess it was something minor.

Way too early to know if he's actually going to play. If they're going to pull him, it won't be until after doubles.

The live scoring site is just listing the official lineups submitted to the NCAA for the tournament. The teams won't even be there until an hour or so before the match, so that's the earliest we would know of any changes, and like I said, for singles, they probably wouldn't pull him until after doubles

Way too early to know if he's actually going to play. If they're going to pull him, it won't be until after doubles.

The live scoring site is just listing the official lineups submitted to the NCAA for the tournament. The teams won't even be there until an hour or so before the match, so that's the earliest we would know of any changes, and like I said, for singles, they probably wouldn't pull him until after doubles

Oh ok. Maybe Kan will be back in there.

What's the deal with Kan being ranked and riding the bench? Injury? Is he gonna be able to be in the lineup next year after losing Bogaerts and Ho? I know we have a stud recruit who'll probably slide right into the line up (at 3 or 4?).

Kan got his ranking mostly from beating some people in fall tournaments. Especially towards the bottom of the rankings, where Kan is, one or two good wins is enough to get you in there, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you're really one of the top 125 in the country. The rankings get more accurate towards the top, and also as players play more matches, which Kan hasn't done.

I imagine he will probably be a strong contender for a lineup spot next year. He was All-ACC as a freshman playing #3. I think he's had some health issues over the past couple years that maybe have held him back a bit.

Bogaerts is out of doubles. Which means he's almost assuredly out of singles too, although if we lose the doubles point I guess there's a chance they would play him

We lost the doubles point on a double fault. Michigan won tiebreaks at #2 and #3. Will be interesting to see if Bogaerts plays singles - either way I think we're still favorites, but it will be tough

Bogaerts is down 3-1, but we're in good shape on a lot of the other courts.

I would have bet anything that Bogaerts wouldn't win today, and I'm sure Bresky knew that too, but I think he played him to avoid having to move Seraphim and Uspensky up, sacrificing #4 for a chance at #5 and #6.

Apparently it's raining. I don't think a move indoors would be good for use, so hopefully this blows over

Bogaerts is down 3-1, but we're in good shape on a lot of the other courts.

I would have bet anything that Bogaerts wouldn't win today, and I'm sure Bresky knew that too, but I think he played him to avoid having to move Seraphim and Uspensky up, sacrificing #4 for a chance at #5 and #6.

Apparently it's raining. I don't think a move indoors would be good for use, so hopefully this blows over

This is correct.

Players are off the courts. Deacs will try to wait it out.

I believe it would be prudent to make a change with women's college coach. I have been told he has limited skill sets. Many of women request he leave them alone during matches. With new facilities we should hire a top tier coach. Current coach is perceived as a tool. I have eaten dinner with him and would think wrong guy for job.

This is absolutely correct.

Back