• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Do the WF Ladies have a shot against Baylor today?

Theoretically we are the favorites. I haven't been following women's tennis that closely this year, but Baylor has been one of the best teams in the country in recent years--they were almost always a top 10 team--so not sure why they're ranked so low this year.

Baylor won the doubles point, looks like singles will be a battle.

Looks like the Michigan-ETSU match is still going. Four third-setters.

Oh, you meant the women.

Looks like UM struggled with ETSU. Hopefully we beat the shit out of both of these squads.

Women lost to Baylor. Regardless of rankings, I think Baylor was a pretty tough draw - they still had three players from the team that made the Elite 8 last year.

The good news for the Deacs is that all 6 singles players and 5 of the 6 doubles players will be back next year

We pulled Bogaerts from the singles lineup. Hope this was just to give him some rest

We have to hope Bogaerts is healthy at least for Tulsa. Kan was struggling at 6 against Coastal Carolina

if we win tomorrow, we wont play for 6 days. if he is sick he should be ok by then

Women lost to Baylor. Regardless of rankings, I think Baylor was a pretty tough draw - they still had three players from the team that made the Elite 8 last year.

The good news for the Deacs is that all 6 singles players and 5 of the 6 doubles players will be back next year

I believe it would be prudent to make a change with women's college coach. I have been told he has limited skill sets. Many of women request he leave them alone during matches. With new facilities we should hire a top tier coach. Current coach is perceived as a tool. I have eaten dinner with him and would think wrong guy for job.

I believe it would be prudent to make a change with women's college coach. I have been told he has limited skill sets. Many of women request he leave them alone during matches. With new facilities we should hire a top tier coach. Current coach is perceived as a tool. I have eaten dinner with him and would think wrong guy for job.

Well if you think so, then it must be right.

Anyway, he's had his ups and downs, a lot of downs in past seasons, but he is killing it in recruiting and from what I've heard, now that he has a team of entirely players that he recruited, they feel a lot differently about him than some of the players that he didn't recruit.

The team was solidly top 25 for most of the year. They got kind of a tough draw in the tournament, and lost a tight match. Three of their top four players are freshmen. He may or may not be the coach that can make Wake a top 10 team on the women's side, but given obvious progress this season, I'm sure he's going to get a chance to try.

Last edited:
Back