• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ VT (10/14), 3:30PM on ACC Network

Top 10 less than a year ago. This is a massive slide and Clawson needs to win some more ACC games. But Clawson out needs to wait.
he has earned a chance to turn this around. But his seat should be warm going into next year

Clawson post game: "We got our butts kicked. Really struggling on O. Giving up sacks. Red zone O is non-existent. Fake punt was costly and is on me.

We had good spring football and camp and we're not executing on O at all.

We get behind in games. We're not healthy.

We're not a very good football team now. I've been here 10 years and it's on me. I thought this would be a bridge year. I didn't see this coming. Full speed ahead. We have to make adjustments and corrections."
No shit. We are abysmal.

Clawson post game: "We got our butts kicked. Really struggling on O. Giving up sacks. Red zone O is non-existent. Fake punt was costly and is on me.

We had good spring football and camp and we're not executing on O at all.

We get behind in games. We're not healthy.

We're not a very good football team now. I've been here 10 years and it's on me. I thought this would be a bridge year. I didn't see this coming. Full speed ahead. We have to make adjustments and corrections."
Should the mantra be ‘hold on ‘till Hecklinski’?

Glad to read the comments from Clawson. At least he's taking responsibility and not giving us the usual coachspeak, i.e., "we competed, we're getting better, proud of our guys, we competed, we competed, we competed."

i-want-my-scalps-aldo.gif

Tabacca must go.

I am still pro Clawson, but this season has gone off the rails. We have been blessed with quality QB play for a number of seasons now…I am sure they thought things would start better. Time to start looking at next year and how they keep our top players (we keep getting poached) and how to right the offense (QB recruits or Mitch).

Top 10 less than a year ago. This is a massive slide and Clawson needs to win some more ACC games. But Clawson out needs to wait.
Agreed.

Clawson was right in that this was always likely to be a bridge year, but there needs to be a real emphasis on improving the OL. They are absolutely a terrible unit, can’t run block can’t pass block, they straight up suck.

The drops today were absolute momentum killers also, bummer to see.

I am still pro Clawson, but this season has gone off the rails. We have been blessed with quality QB play for a number of seasons now…I am sure they thought things would start better. Time to start looking at next year and how they keep our top players (we keep getting poached) and how to right the offense (QB recruits or Mitch).
Who got poached?

Let's just be honest... We're never again going to be like the last two years... Top 10s, ACC championship game, primetime national TV.... It was a really nice run.

Big $ schools who can pay players millions, will dominate from now on. This season is probably par for the course from now onwards.

Let's just be honest... We're never again going to be like the last two years... Top 10s, ACC championship game, primetime national TV.... It was a really nice run.

Big $ schools who can pay players millions, will dominate from now on. This season is probably par for the course from now onwards.

Clawson has said that "we need to get the collective going."

Haven’t we continued to recruit better under Clawson than ever before? We’ve only had a couple players poached and all were pretty unique circumstances (1 was on Clawson).

Haven’t we continued to recruit better under Clawson than ever before? We’ve only had a couple players poached and all were pretty unique circumstances (1 was on Clawson).
yeah if someone stays for five years and decided to play their sixth year at a big football school I don’t really consider that getting poached.

Back