• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Fundraising Calls?

I'm curious if anyone else on the board has been getting a ton of fundraising calls all of the sudden.

I had gotten a letter in the mail maybe a month ago.

Then on Friday I received a personalized email from a WFU student requesting money. Hmm interesting timing.

Then all this weekend- calls from 336 numbers. I finally picked up today and it was a student requesting money. I told her that now that they got rid of the terrible basketball coach, I'd be happy to give a little. She said in response, I didn't know how passionately people feel about basketball here, I've been hearing that a lot.

I then told her that I was sorry her four years at Wake had been with such a bad program in place.

I find the timing of this push rather comical. Was curious if anyone else had had the same experience?

I gave a paltry $100 bucks, which will maybe pay for 1/4 of some student's credit. Wish I could give more, but eh, its something.

I may have been one of the people she talked to. When she asked if I wanted to renew my College Fund contribution, I told her I was waiting to see if the university did the right thing with our basketball coach. Obviously that threat was the straw that broke the camel's back and caused Bz to be fired. You're welcome.

Back