• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

surprised anyone would complain that our coach gives his players honest feedback and tries to put them in the best situation for their skills. probably a good thing and not something I'm confident our last two coaches did. once you get a job you'll find out these conversations happen in every organization everywhere and not all situations end up being a great fit

Jao is the biggest enigma on the team next year. Such a likable dude based on a couple interviews I heard of him. As mentioned, Forbes naming him captain HAS to mean something. If Jao plays like an ACC level PG, whoa boy, look out, we will be good.
Forbes also referenced him in the end of season interviews as a big missing piece from the team / reason why things were tough for the Deacs. So I see him playing a role next season with double digit minutes.

PS - I'm interested to see where Lucas Taylor lands. I have a feeling he's going to be the token Deac we always have playing in the NCAA tournament for another team. Literally. Every. Year.

The fact that NJDEAC is so adamant that Jao is a useless piece of shit gives me great hope that he will be a key piece to a solid 5-6 seeded tournament team that can make a run.

The fact that anyone thinks anything with conviction based on the utter lack of reliable data is a mystery to me. I hope he's a good player who can contribute. I have no reason to believe he's awful. To the extent I think about it beyond that, I suppose I lean towards the if he were all that and a can of beer at this level, we'd know it already.

But if we are basing any material part of our success next year on him being a top-tier ACC player, I feel like we are, once again, fighting math. Fighting math is not a good strategy for disappointment-avoidance. And in the context of WFU basketball, time has shown that disappointment-avoidance is very important.

Kinda surprised the announcement says Boopie only has two years eligibility left, did/could he not get a redshirt for last year? He only played four games.

Kinda surprised the announcement says Boopie only has two years eligibility left, did/could he not get a redshirt for last year? He only played four games.
My understanding of medical redshirts is that the decision is made by NCAA in regards to granting the redshirt after normal eligibility is expired.

So in two years, if Boopie wants to play another season he can apply for a medical redshirt that would apply to last season.

• with all the transfer credit stuff at Wake, usually wait until after they're done with classes and exams so they know what they have and what Wake has to go through before fully going through the admissions process. CMU finished up last week, Gonzaga looks to be done this week so other should be in relatively soon
  • Can't count on the NCAA granting a medical redshirt until it's actually received and you can't apply for it until you've exhausted the other years. So just safer to put 2 and not trust the NCAA

That’s fascinating. Did we drop our other tournament?

Charleston much more accessible with several discount airlines serving the area. Great move by the powers at be to correct a bad situation that I believed originated with our previous no named AD.

Back