• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Just a random note that every NBA draft pick we've had since Chris Paul has been a sophomore (I'm choosing to treat Jake like a sophomore due to COVID and to make this an accurate statement). So, Bobi, there's that.
Wasn’t Jaylen Hoard a one and done?

Yeah. Our most heralded recruit left after his freshman year, didn't get drafted, and barely played in the league. It would be fitting for this to go the other way with an unheralded recruit leaving after barely playing as a freshman to get drafted.

I'm confident if the transfer rules and portal were around then Crawford and Moore would have hit the portal like Sarr and Chaundee did which probably would have led to getting a degree. That's one way the transfer portal definitely works.

Dinos Mitoglau also left early, went undrafted, actually did well in Greece but is now serving a 32 month suspension for doping from FIBA.

That mass exodus is when the Danny Manning era was obviously on borrowed time.

Last edited:
Dinos Mitoglau also left early, went undrafted, actually did well in Greece but is now serving a 32 month suspension for doping from FIBA.

Luckily, we acted swiftly and only let him coach for two more seasons after Moore and Crawford left.

Wow.

I think Manning would have gotten a lot more flack for his best players transferring rather than taking a long shot at the pros. But it was certainly an exodus from the program.

So we heard about Sallis a week ago today after his weekend visit to Nebraska. C'mon Efton.

Anyone hearing anything about the assistant situation? Do we think we'll keep it in house? Shay still listed as Special Assistant to Forbes on the staff page, but they also still have Tisdale as grad assistant (I guess he might technically still be there since he might not have graduated) even though he's moving to ETSU with Savage.
Getting back to Efton Reid ...

If Forbes is able to land him, I'll be super impressed. He'll be able to contribute right off the bat.

Haven't been seeing Wake's name on any of the new transfer portal addition lists on twitter. I guess we're sort of stuck in a weird position where it's pointless to go after other potential bigs for the last spot? Maybe Reid could be committing soon? :unsure:

FWIW, Sam Vecenie released a mock draft on today’s podcast and has Bobi mocked at the #26 overall pick (1st round).

#27 in 2024 draft

PF – Wake Forest (Sweden) – HT: 6-10 – WT: 225 – WING: NA – Fr – A long and mobile forward with raw skills and a lot of upside.

Back