• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I fail to see where going to ND helped him earn more money long term. Maybe he never would have gotten 1M plus in the NFL but if he kept up his insane stats at wake maybe he would have.

Because his career in football is very possibly bigger than his backup qb paycheck and he made himself into a household name by fronting ND for a season.

I fail to see where going to ND helped him earn more money long term. Maybe he never would have gotten 1M plus in the NFL but if he kept up his insane stats at wake maybe he would have.
Hartman got paid $2M+ from reports we've heard. It's unlikely he'll make that much in the NFL, regardless of wherever he played his final year. Hope he does, but he'll be on The Bachelor soon enough either way.

He massively increased his “brand”/exposure, got paid, and then got to choose a pretty ideal NFL landing spot where he’s also getting paid. He seemed to have worked the system to his benefit just fine.
I'm sure that was the goal . But I'm not sure it helped him much far as the draft cause after the year he had at ND . Nfl teams looked at him as a game manager. Which probably had him go undrafted. Yes he got paid by my redskins (always be redskins to me) which I'm excited about. But at Wake his year as far as stats go may have been much better. That and he flat stunk it up at the senior bowl which didn't help him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

For me, Carr’s departure and landing at Kentucky is troubling only because RTQ posted here, about 3 weeks ago, that he and Cam were staying.
I'm sure that was the goal . But I'm not sure it helped him much far as the draft cause after the year he had at ND . Nfl teams looked at him as a game manager. Which probably had him go undrafted. Yes he got paid by my redskins (always be redskins to me) which I'm excited about. But at Wake his year as far as stats go may have been much better. That and he flat stunk it up at the senior bowl which didn't help him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Take it to the Tunnels!

Maybe Carr was staying 3 weeks ago. Then he changed his mind.

Did I click on the wrong thread?

I mean, if you’re looking for the place where we discuss the new norm of players leaving Wake Forest, and the natural ensuing question of how we will feel about them after they’re gone - a topic for which Sam Hartman will always represent, for Wake fans, the ultimate dividing line… then no, you didn’t click on the wrong thread.

Back