• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU players & injury statuses under Grobe

Grobe needs to get off his high horse about injuries. He kept Price off the field and that lost the game against Syracuse. He can't act like players need to get tougher when he tries to baby them. Just like Harris being cleared for Duke, he should have played.

UNC's run defense is very stout (minus GT game). UNC's pass defense is ridiculously bad. I don't think it really matters who you play at RB, because I believe Wake will win or lose based on Tanner Price.

Having some running threat makes Tanner better. Harris is a threat that BP is not, seemsd to be considered a better blocker. We are not a running team, play out of a passing formation but having a threat at RB makes it much easier on Tanner.

After the game Josh had against FSU, to not give him his starting spot back if he's all healed now, I just don't understand. I love Grobe, but sometimes I have a hard time understanding his rotations and getting players back on the field, etc.???

It's possible that Grobe thought Harris should have been a bigger participant in practice in the week leading up to Duke. Maybe this is a message to Harris to practice hard today and tomorrow. That would be my guess.

I love Harris, but he's a bit of a primadona. If he doesn't wave off the substitution after the big run against FSU, he doesn't tweak his hammy. Then, he acts like he's been shot twice on the sideline. Then, he tweets after the game he's fine, only he's not. The whole thing is just a little too much me and not enough we, for Grobe's taste (my guess)

Having some running threat makes Tanner better. Harris is a threat that BP is not, seemsd to be considered a better blocker. We are not a running team, play out of a passing formation but having a threat at RB makes it much easier on Tanner.

:werd:

Has Harris missed any practices this week? otherwise there is no reason he shouldnt see the bulk of the snaps.

What day was Josh cleared by team doctors and how many practices has he missed since?

Agreed.
Even though Harris may or may not have a big game, everyone in the ACC knows he's a big play threat and that will force them to play that extra guy in the box because once he gets past the second level it's trouble...or at least more trouble than your typical running back/BP

I fucking hate when coaches talk about player's softness and them needing to be on the field. You dont think Josh want to be on the field, coach? Maybe its just because I'm like a creaky old man and I'm only in my twenties but none of my coaches from high school give two shits now what my physical situation is. I know several former college football players who have no future in pro football, are appreciative for having received a scholarship, but will live for the rest of their lives with the aches and pains from injuries they pushed through to get back on the field. Some old farts might like to be "old school" but we call this stupidity in the era of modern medicine. He pulled his hamstring. He rehabbed it and is better now. How was him getting injured his fault or a result of his softness?

I'm three times your age, but had a coach question my toughness after I dislocated a hip and had to sit out one game. The only reason he let me sit out was I physically unable to get into a three point stance.

If Josh is good to go, he should play the entire game.

Don't know what Grobe is thinking sometimes with stuff like this.

Are there additional quotes from Grobe other than was in the first post on this thread?

There must be based on some of the responses here.

I fucking hate when coaches talk about player's softness and them needing to be on the field. You dont think Josh want to be on the field, coach? Maybe its just because I'm like a creaky old man and I'm only in my twenties but none of my coaches from high school give two shits now what my physical situation is. I know several former college football players who have no future in pro football, are appreciative for having received a scholarship, but will live for the rest of their lives with the aches and pains from injuries they pushed through to get back on the field. Some old farts might like to be "old school" but we call this stupidity in the era of modern medicine. He pulled his hamstring. He rehabbed it and is better now. How was him getting injured his fault or a result of his softness?

I got no problem with that rant. Coming back too early from hammie could keep you on the trainers table the rest of the season. Sort of need not-injured leg muscles to sprint. Maybe it's got to do with how hard he works at rehab or some other attitude issue as well.

Have you ever heard of substituting to strength?

It's possible that Grobe thought Harris should have been a bigger participant in practice in the week leading up to Duke. Maybe this is a message to Harris to practice hard today and tomorrow. That would be my guess.

I love Harris, but he's a bit of a primadona. If he doesn't wave off the substitution after the big run against FSU, he doesn't tweak his hammy. Then, he acts like he's been shot twice on the sideline. Then, he tweets after the game he's fine, only he's not. The whole thing is just a little too much me and not enough we, for Grobe's taste (my guess)

My thought as well. Coaches should have removed him whether he wanted to come out or not.

Doc Martin would have taken care of all this back in-the-day. Doc said you were hurt, you were hurt.

My thought as well. Coaches should have removed him whether he wanted to come out or not.

How do you propose they do that exactly? In the limited time you have between plays, sending players in, having one waved off, him coming off the field and the coach realizing who was waved off, the ball needs to be snapped. The coach then has to weigh the value of using a time out in a very close game vs leaving one player in for one play. All of that has to be done in less than 40 seconds.

How do you propose they do that exactly? In the limited time you have between plays, sending players in, having one waved off, him coming off the field and the coach realizing who was waved off, the ball needs to be snapped. The coach then has to weigh the value of using a time out in a very close game vs leaving one player in for one play. All of that has to be done in less than 40 seconds.

Personally, I don't think I would allow players to wave off substitutions. I'm somewhat surprised that our coaches leave it up the player to determine whether he's staying in the game or not.

Personally, I don't think I would allow players to wave off substitutions. I'm somewhat surprised that our coaches leave it up the player to determine whether he's staying in the game or not.

I'm not certain that we do allow it. It wouldn't be out of character for Josh to say he's good to go when he's not. Also the 40 seconds isn't long enough for two players to discuss who should stay in and who should go out. Maybe Josh not playing vs Duke was punishment for not doing what the coaches wanted.

Doc Martin would have taken care of all this back in-the-day. Doc said you were hurt, you were hurt.

...........or he might hurt you himself.

You might not understand this if you didn't know Doc Martin. Probably the most feared man in the athletic dept

Back