• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

The women lost 1-0 to ND this weekend. Pretty sure that eliminates them from the ACC tourney as they can finish no better than tied for 9th in the ACC if they beat VT to close the regular season on Thursday, and IIRC, the top 8 make the ACC tourney. Would also guess that a top 8 ACC finish would be required to keep the Deacs in NCAA contention. The women are 8-0 in OOC games; 2-7 in ACC games, every loss but one was a 1 goal loss. Ouch.

So are we assured to be hosting ACC tournament games? I was thinking about coming to town for the UVA football game next weekend and assuming we win our first round game in soccer, we would be hosting ACC quarterfinals at Spry Sunday Nov 6 right?

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/sched/wake-m-soccer-sched.html

No matter what happens tomorrow night, we will be hosting Sunday, November 6th. The top 4 seeds have a BYE to the quarterfinals.

Edit: Friday night

Last edited:
It's not a huge difference or anything, and I wouldn't be surprised if it flips after this weekend since you play Syracuse and we have turd Michigan.

Maryland opponents to date are 112-87-30 in their other games
Wake opponents to date are 106-84-35 in their other games

#2 Deacs at #6 Syracuse tonight at 7:00 to close out the regular season. TV on ACCN/ESPN stream.

But yeah, baseball. I get it.

What happened? Saw on twitter it was in the box but no mention of a penalty. I'm guessing in their box??

The broadcast doesn't have replay, but it looked like Robinson, while a corner came in, went high with an elbow and caught Raben in the face in front of the goal.

Wow. That should have been another red. Clear scoring chance.

Eh I don't think he was necessarily doing to be clear. Was another defender that could have caught him. Think it was the right call

Back