• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

That statement proves my point about men's soccer. The ACC has the most programs that play and fund high caliber soccer programs; other schools could, but do not, which explains why the conference dominates the sport. Not trying to undermine the praise for WF's or the ACC's accomplishments in soccer, but by my count, only 16 of the 50 Power V schools outside the ACC even attempt to field a men's college soccer program. That makes it a small pond sport.

Respectfully no, it doesn't. Because on the women's side other schools fund soccer at the same level ACC schools do, but the ACC still dominates the sport.

Women's soccer and men's soccer are not the same sports. The point is simple: it's hollow to pound your chest about ACC men's soccer dominance when only one other Power V conference has more than 5 teams that participate.

Last edited:
Back on topic - it is projected to be very cold Sat. Barrell fires on Alumni Hill?

Looked at the rosters of both Radford and Coastal. Brimming with international players. Radford played two ACC teams: beat State; tied UVA. Whomever WF plays, the game won't be easy.

Looked at the rosters of both Radford and Coastal. Brimming with international players. Radford played two ACC teams: beat State; tied UVA. Whomever WF plays, the game won't be easy.

Coastal won the match-up earlier this season against Radford.

I happened to catch a Coastal match earlier in the season, but I can't remember the opponent. They have a very tall striker who the offense seems to revolve around. I think our midfield is going be be dominant in this match as I didn't think their midfield was all that talented. They seemed to play long balls to the striker who would attempt to hold until runners could come. It'll be a tough game no doubt should we play them. Either way, I'd love for us to get an early goal (obviously) to set the tone.

Because that's where Coastal Carolina is. They lie when the pump it up as Myrtle Beach, sad as that is.....

Yes, but this should be a home game for us. UNC is playing in Chapel Hill, so it can't be the NC bathroom issue.

Farrell and Bundy not in the lineup. Not great because defense has been so solid when unchanged.

Back