• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Correct. Gamble might be able to play at some point, but Politz is out for the remainder.

Not that it mattered but....

Not scoring after Harrison put two of our players in on the keeper kind of summed up our game today. Hopefully it was rust that is now gone.

How was the crowd today?

Listed as 2700. Seemed bigger.

I looked at the Indiana uconn box score for their game today, which iu won at home, and they had attendance listed at 618.

Listed as 2700. Seemed bigger.

I looked at the Indiana uconn box score for their game today, which iu won at home, and they had attendance listed at 618.
It was nearly full 15 minutes in, definitely more than 2700

It was nearly full 15 minutes in, definitely more than 2700

I'm pretty sure for the NCAA tournament that schools have to report the actual number of tickets sold, so there probably was actually 2700.

You can't really compare these numbers with the numbers from the regular season because those are "estimates" made up by the marketing department. If anything, the NCAA tournament numbers show you how far off the regular season numbers are

Missed the first 20 minutes, but it looks a lot like the last ND game to me. I've only seen @NCS, ND I, and ND II, and other than our record I keep trying to see why this team is ranked #1. We just don't look much better to me than some garden variety Wake teams of the past I've seen. If Wake can't control the ball more than they do, what makes a #1 team number one? I'm not a seasoned soccer fan so my appreciation of the nature of competition might be lacking. Charlotte seems to have had much better opportunities in the last 25 minutes than we've had, and we can hardly get anything going. Soccer has to be a game where differences between a #1 and lower ranked teams are relatively minor.
We've been very, very good this season. But I think that teams, especially in the games you've mentioned you've watched, have figured out how to shut down our possession-based, quick moving and countering style. It was well-known all season that we don't/wouldn't handle big, physical teams very well, but it was especially obvious against Louisville and Notre Dame. Also, teams that press high up the pitch have been successful in hindering our passing out of the back four.

Hopefully Muuss has an answer, because every team we play from here on out is going to press if they can.

Pretty chalky tourney so far, surprisingly so for soccer. On our side only one of the top 16 has bit the dust -- Muuss' former bois

Back