• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Maryland beat UVA yesterday. They play ND next, and then likely Clemson if they beat ND. Very possible that Maryland could play all ACC teams at every step of the tourney.

Maryland beat UVA yesterday. They play ND next, and then likely Clemson if they beat ND. Very possible that Maryland could play all ACC teams at every step of the tourney.

Our track, assuming seeds hold, is all ACC with the exception of in the semis, which would be Georgetown. I wasn't even surprised that it just happened to end up like that either.

Our track, assuming seeds hold, is all ACC with the exception of in the semis, which would be Georgetown. I wasn't even surprised that it just happened to end up like that either.

gsterp, I'm interested in your observations of the differences between the ACC and the B1G in soccer. My assumption is that the ACC generally speaking has been a deeper league over the years but I really have no idea if that's true.

gsterp, I'm interested in your observations of the differences between the ACC and the B1G in soccer. My assumption is that the ACC generally speaking has been a deeper league over the years but I really have no idea if that's true.

The ACC is obviously stronger top to bottom, only the most deluded homer would argue against that. Without trying to sound too arrogant, I think our addition to the B1G will lead to an increased overall quality, since now there are two perennially legit programs to build around. It seems like the non-Indiana legacy teams in the conference rotate in terms of quality rather than solidify positions.

When it comes to style of play, the ACC is more of a classically technical league (college scale obviously) where more teams want to build from the back and keep the ball on the ground. The B1G is much more physical in nature, and we've had some trouble adjusting to that at times. If you guys play Ohio State, you'll see a great example of it. They have some technical players, but my takeaway when I see them is that they are looking to throw their weight around and muddle the game first and foremost. I doubt they beat Stanford though.

Let's put it this way, if you offer me a random unnamed ACC game or a random unnamed B1G game, with the caveat that it won't be Maryland, I'm taking the ACC game every time and rolling the dice I don't get the Pitt/VaTech turd.

Tar Heels lost to Creighton 1-0 yesterday. The other 7 games are all played today.

Back