• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Here's the Stanford highlights. Morris is a physical specimen, but he's shockingly limited on the ball. Here are the highlights from their win over Ohio State. I don't think it's hard at all to see how to defend him just by watching this short clip.

http://pac-12.com/videos/highlights-stanford-mens-soccer-tops-ohio-state-advance-ncaa-quaterfinals

A PAC12 clip that includes Stanford, with a header that refers to "quaterfinals." Perhaps O$U's proofreader was on duty that night.

Morris is ridiculous (his 2nd :eek:), but he does run around his left a lot. May have had another in the first half had he not.

Ugh, I was secretly hoping for an afternoon kickoff. We already had plans for Sat night and wont be able to make it.

We have given up 10 goals all year playing a top schedule. Saying we will concede 3 in this game is a provocative opinion.

Predicting Stanford to put 3 past this defense and Farrell is LOL stupid. I can see us losing 1-0 or mebbe 2-1 with a set-piece goal, but we aren't conceding 3. That shit just isn't happening.

Should be a close game, 2 best teams in the nation IMO. Brutal draw for the quarterfinals. Think the crowd is the difference maker. 2-1 good guys.

I'm no soccer expert, so I'm asking. How hard is it to turn on the A game back on when you have been playing poorly? My understanding is we have not looked good in either of the two first round games. Throw in the ND loss, and that's 3 lackluster efforts in a row. All at home. Concern?

Thankfully our defense is pretty good and we've just barely dodged a few bullets, but we've otherwise looked like garbage. I'd like to see us look like a number 1 seed, instead of being predicted to lose to #8 3-1.

Three common opponents:

Santa Clara -
WFU 1-0 first game of season
Stanford 3-1 late in season

Davidson -
WFU 4-0 midseason
Stanford 1-0 in OT midseason.

Louisville -
WFU 2-1 home
WFU 4-2 away
Stanford 1-0 away

Goals for/against
WFU 47-11 against #1 rpi schedule
Stanford 37-14

That said, I expect a close game. Also don't know which games Morris missed.

Last edited:
Two common opponents:

Santa Clara -
WFU 1-0 first game of season
Stanford 3-1 late in season

Davidson -
WFU 4-0 midseason
Stanford 1-0 in OT midseason.

Goals for/against
WFU 47-11 against #1 rpi schedule
Stanford 37-14

That said, I expect a close game.

Stanford won at Louisville on Aug.31 1-0
Wake won at Louisville on October 30 4-2 and beat Louisville at Spry November 8 2-1

Back