• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

I'm no soccer expert, so I'm asking. How hard is it to turn on the A game back on when you have been playing poorly? My understanding is we have not looked good in either of the two first round games. Throw in the ND loss, and that's 3 lackluster efforts in a row. All at home. Concern?

We need Gamble. He opens up so much for us in the attacking 3rd.

Will Gamble be back? Guessing not, but one can dream. We've not been the same team since he's been out of the XI

Will Gamble be back? Guessing not, but one can dream. We've not been the same team since he's been out of the XI

I hear he'll be back. Apparently he probably could've played last game.

Will this be televised? Wondering if I can find a stream. If so, 3-5am Sunday morning is gonna be footie time, haha.

Throw the 1 vs. 8 seed crap out the window, Stanford isn't your typical "8 seed". Anyone have an exact number on how many matches Morris missed on international duty?

This is basically a 1 v 2 seed matchup in March Madness. Stanford is legit good.

We will still win 2-1.

Morris played in 15 of Stanford's 20 games. Don't know which games he missed or why.

To be fair, Creighton as a 12 and Mayland as a 10 are very tough matchups as well. At this point, everyone is really good and can win on any given day. Home field advantage is so huge at this point.

I think he missed the first 5.

I didn't look at the box scores for all of their games, but it looks like the only game that he missed where Stanford didn't win was against Washington (0-0 OT2, 10/9). He played in both of their losses (UCSB 8/28 and Washington 11/2).

Yeah, calling them an "8-seed" is misleading because this isn't the Men's BB tournament -- Stanford is the eighth best team in the country. Like DV7 said, this is a #1 vs. #2 in the elite 8. Sounds about right.

Morris played in 15 of Stanford's 20 games. Don't know which games he missed or why.

He was on the national team playing against the Netherlands and Germany...

I don't have the dates on those, so maybe the season hadn't started yet. But I know he missed games for Olympic Qualifying back in early October and then more recently for the WCQs vs. St. Vincent and @Trinidad/Tobago a few weeks back.

I figured that some, if not all, of the games missed were due to USMNT duties but didn't know if any of them were due to other reasons and I was too lazy to track it down.

Back