• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

WF announced last year's soccer recruiting class in the middle of February.

So has anything been said, printed, tweeted etc. about anymore Wake signees and/or additions to the class?

Rats. I'll be out of town for the springfest 4/16. Was hoping to snag a Harrison jersey at the auction.

So has anything been said, printed, tweeted etc. about anymore Wake signees and/or additions to the class?

Nothing that I've seen on Twitter or on BSF. I'm guessing there has to be at least one more for Muuss to have tweeted that though. It could be that we are waiting on an international player to clear.

Some good facebook pics of the trip up on, um, facebook. Muuss and Jon Bakero with Jose Mari Bakero and Hristo Stoichkov. Then at Barcelona training Muuss with Luis Enrique and the team with Mathieu, Jordi Alba and Rafinha Alcantara (I think). Pretty sweet.

Some good facebook pics of the trip up on, um, facebook. Muuss and Jon Bakero with Jose Mari Bakero and Hristo Stoichkov. Then at Barcelona training Muuss with Luis Enrique and the team with Mathieu, Jordi Alba and Rafinha Alcantara (I think). Pretty sweet.

yeah that's Rafinha. Hella cool experience.

The men play at home against VT Saturday night at 7 PM.

Wake beat VT 2-0 last night and out shot the Hokies 13-4.

the moderators of this forum do allow new threads to be created on this here boards in case you morans didnt know

What's the advantage of starting a new thread vs continuing this one?

I've heard that we have a commitment from 2017 GK Andrew Pannenberg out of Charlotte.

Seems like we also have a pretty good in with the Philadelphia Union club...

Looks like we have also secured a committnebt from Dominic Peters, another 2017 GK.

Wake beat VCU 4-0 tonight (I think that was the final score) to end the spring season unbeaten against some good competition. Can't wait to watch them this fall.

The women are also undefeated this spring, though they have a few ties (the men do not).

Talked with Coach Muuss a few nights ago when a bunch of Wake players came out to play some 4v4+1 games with U12 Twins players. He is quite excited about this upcoming season and it is easy to see why.

I think Hank Gauger could be a name to watch this coming season. Just a hunch and based on nothing Coach said. I didn't ask anything about particular players.

Really interesting back 4 tonight with Bandy and Gdula on the outside and Raben and Odenbeck playing centrally. However, they looked stout and cohesive. When I'm not on my phone I'll try to post some more thoughts, but we attack quickly, but Bandy and Gdula have the speed to cover ground when caught in the counter. And Odenbeck appears to be ready for a beast season.

I may have missed it on the thread, but Kris Reaves has left the program and enrolled at U of Portland (I think). It seems like a very odd move.

Harkes and Hayes are going to be terrors this season.

Really interesting back 4 tonight with Bandy and Gdula on the outside and Raben and Odenbeck playing centrally. However, they looked stout and cohesive. When I'm not on my phone I'll try to post some more thoughts, but we attack quickly, but Bandy and Gdula have the speed to cover ground when caught in the counter. And Odenbeck appears to be ready for a beast season.

I may have missed it on the thread, but Kris Reaves has left the program and enrolled at U of Portland (I think). It seems like a very odd move.

Harkes and Hayes are going to be terrors this season.
olio
Bizarre move by Reaves, although Portland is a strong soccer school. At least on the women's side

Back