• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

I'm honestly surprised it took half a season for him to explode like this

Unreal talent

I'm honestly surprised it took half a season for him to explode like this

Unreal talent

He has only played in 4 or 5 matches. He missed the first two months due to a nagging groin injury (iirc). It's going to be a two horse race between him and Morris for ROY.

ohhhh didn't know (remember?) about the injury. was just surprised it took him so long for Patty V to get him on the pitch.

Isaiah Young scored the first goal in a 4-0 win against Panama and got an assist in a 2-1 win against Japan. Started both matches. He's going to be a player.

As an aside, Jeremy Ebobisse has to the be favorite for ACC POY and maybe even Hermann Trophy. I have no idea why he isn't playing professionally instead of returning to Duke.

Any surprises here?

All the commits had been released back on signing day, but they didn't release the official class until just now. I think they were waiting on the Elon transfer to clear, who is a new name to me.

It's a great class, and next years is already shaping up to be great as well.

Has anyone else heard that several soccer players are transferring out? I don't know if any of them are guys we were expecting to rely on...

It's fine if the whispers are even true, which I don't think they are considering I heard them 5th removed.

Chase Rhode has left the program. I'm not sure if anyone else has/will.

Has anyone else heard that several soccer players are transferring out? I don't know if any of them are guys we were expecting to rely on...

Not that unusual for a new coach to sort of clean house and want to get his own recruits in. 9 incoming freshman is a huge class, and some upperclassmen would either have to transfer, or hang up their cleats.

Perusing the bios and Fayettenam's tidbit, Isaiah Young looks to be a potential freshman star to follow in Harrison's footsteps.

Last edited:
probably not Jack special though. Jack is ready to play in the Championship in England IMO and close to Premiership ready. Great talent.

Back