• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Plus all the other college teams already have a plethora of midfielders. Great GK's are in short supply. This is your best idea yet. Think the coach was hinting at it too with the following quote:

"He is not just a very talented goalkeeper, he is a true soccer player. His ability to play with his feet and his soccer intelligence will help him tremendously with his transition to the way we like to play and we're excited to have him join us this season."

I initially read that as "He is just not a very talented goalkeeper."

Our incoming freshman Isaiah Young wasn't involved in the U19 soccer brawl with Bahrain was he? It didn't look like it from the clip I saw.

Our incoming freshman Isaiah Young wasn't involved in the U19 soccer brawl with Bahrain was he? It didn't look like it from the clip I saw.

Silver lining: Losing out in the group stage gets him to WFU training sooner???

WF pre-season #5 in the nation.

Top 5 are:

1. Stanford
2. Akron
3. Clemson
4. Maryland

Other ACC teams ranked: 6. Cuse, 8. UNC, 9. ND, 11. BC. The ACC is just ridiculous in soccer.

The link: http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/080216aaa.html

Yet only 1 ACC player on the MAC watch list...

giphy.gif

The watch list is just about the most worthless thing in college sports, much less college soccer. Almost every single year there are finalists that weren't even on the watch list preseason.

Matt Real ('17 Commit, Def) has been called up to the U18 Team to play in the Czech Republic in mid-August.

Also, I'm digging the new jerseys, especially the gold ones. They're a little more yellow than what I think people like, but stand out so much more than the ones from last season.

Oh, I saw that earlier. I think that's just the keeper shirt, though, same as last year. We are due a change, think we've been rocking those for two or three seasons now.

Good call. Had no idea who that was, so I probably should have looked him up and realized that was a Frosh GK. They auctioned off all of the gold and white ones if I recall, so I feel like we have to have some new ones.

Hmmm, that might actually be a new keeper shirt, or new shirt totally -- you may be right. I was looking through some pics from last year and didn't see any with stripes, plus it just had Wake Forest spelled out, not the WF.

I guess nobody went to the scoreless tie (exhib.) @ Furman.

The article said Muuss played 2 even groups of 11. Farrell and Isaiah Young DNP.

Politz is back

Somewhat strange development at Duke where Jeremy Ebobisse (one of the country's best collegiate players) will forego his season and train in Maryland (DC United/Richmond Kickers) until the 2017 MLS Draft.

Somewhat strange development at Duke where Jeremy Ebobisse (one of the country's best collegiate players) will forego his season and train in Maryland (DC United/Richmond Kickers) until the 2017 MLS Draft.

This was discussed on one of the XM soccer shows this week. What a cluster. MLS really thinks that it's better for this kid to not play a competitive match for a year than to find him a permanent home? This is the same league that creates rules on the fly whenever a new potential DP wants to play in LA. Joke.

Two scoreless draws in exhibitions. Anyone attend either to provide some insight why we can't find the net?

Back