• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

They tied GW. That's got to count as a negative when they're not ranked. Maybe they aren't well thought of, but I wouldn't really know. I watched it and was pretty unimpressed with Wake given the competition didn't look too hot.

That may be true, but we beat UVa and then Duke on the road. But somehow, UVa moves up (albeit after a home draw against Clemson).

Edit: I still think that we are/will be ranked in the Coaches Poll, so I'm not too concerned.

Last edited:
Deacs could break their shutout streak record tonight against FIU.

Deacs break the record, 6 shut outs --- Congrats guys

Deacs just keep on rolling with a 1-0 win against NC State.

For the Charlotte crowd, Wake @ Davidson on Tuesday night.

Well, if we don't ever concede a goal, we should probably have a good season!

Women just can't finish things off. Took a 1-0 lead on NC State and then gave up two goals in a 40-second span to lose 2-1

Top Drawer Soccer Rankings has the WF men #11 this week. This is how stacked the ACC is:

#1 ND
#2 UNC
#3 Cuse
#4 Louisville
#6 Clemson

5 of the top 6. In addition to WF, VT is #17 and BC is #25. Loaded.

Top Drawer Soccer Rankings has the WF men #11 this week. This is how stacked the ACC is:

#1 ND
#2 UNC
#3 Cuse
#4 Louisville
#6 Clemson

5 of the top 6. In addition to WF, VT is #17 and BC is #25. Loaded.

And UVa at 19. Oof.

Huge game tonight at Clemson. Clemson has a very good striker in Diego Campos. Our defense is going to have their hands full with him.

So, what will happen with North Carolina teams in the NCAA tourney? Typically higher seeds host until the Elite 8. Will the NC teams have to play elsewhere? I don't think it'd be fair to have to travel to a lower seed's home field, but I don't know what they will do.

Huge game tonight at Clemson. Clemson has a very good striker in Diego Campos. Our defense is going to have their hands full with him.

So, what will happen with North Carolina teams in the NCAA tourney? Typically higher seeds host until the Elite 8. Will the NC teams have to play elsewhere? I don't think it'd be fair to have to travel to a lower seed's home field, but I don't know what they will do.

I'm pretty sure when they made their announcement there was some exception for when teams had earned the right to host.

the zero offensive Deacs choke at Clempson and lose 1-0
are they gonna spiral down like the lady Deacs.
guess well see

the zero offensive Deacs choke at Clempson and lose 1-0
are they gonna spiral down like the lady Deacs.
guess well see

Lol. No.

That's our first loss since our first match and maybe only the 3rd goal scored on us. By a top 5 team at their place.

We had some really good chances. Partain's shot off the crossbar and the subsequent rebound probably being the best.

Back