• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

As an ardent Deacon Fan (and two-time graduate) and a parent of a Sophomore at Stanford, I was very disappointed in the loss - but I have been disappointed by Deacon teams of all varieties since I became a fan at age 16. What I was also disappointed in was the W FU cheer heard prior to and throughout the game. One of the Stanford parents whom I met before the game was very surprised by the cheer. I had heard it before, but was uncomfortable hearing - probably more so because my daughter attends Stanford. Those same Stanford fans were very complimentary of our stadium and the obvious support of WF Soccer, so it was unfortunate that a less than sportsmanlike cheer was prevalent.

In any event, I look forward to more great WF Soccer to come.

Your daughter is hearing worse things at Stanford

Stanford's band is the epitome of asshattery. They're the west coast version of those face painters at dook. I don't want to hear anything about how we could have been classier.

stanford-cardinal-band-road-game-ban-travel.jpg

As an ardent Deacon Fan (and two-time graduate) and a parent of a Sophomore at Stanford, I was very disappointed in the loss - but I have been disappointed by Deacon teams of all varieties since I became a fan at age 16. What I was also disappointed in was the W FU cheer heard prior to and throughout the game. One of the Stanford parents whom I met before the game was very surprised by the cheer. I had heard it before, but was uncomfortable hearing - probably more so because my daughter attends Stanford. Those same Stanford fans were very complimentary of our stadium and the obvious support of WF Soccer, so it was unfortunate that a less than sportsmanlike cheer was prevalent.

In any event, I look forward to more great WF Soccer to come.

Not serious, right?

Like, they didn't even say the actual word? Just the letters F and U? And we're worried about kids in college hearing this? America is fuc...err f'ed...I mean...screwed

First we can't say god damn and now these culture warriors are trying to shame F-U (not even the actual phrase). I blame [Redacted].

Jack Harrison named first team All American. Only freshman on any of the three AA teams.

haha this is great. I sit on the hill at the games at I personally like the W FU chant. I saw that someone asked what it was. Basically one person yells W and the group yells F U. So some parents were whining about that? love it!

Back