• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Duke is the Stanford of the east. It's not on par with Stanford though. Wake wishes it was closer to Duke in stature. We'll have to hold on to not being Dukies for now.

We're chanting our school's initials. What's the issue?

I never once thought of that cheer is meaning anything other than the school's letters. Still don't. It's lame to think it would be some sort of insult cheer IMO.

Duke is the Stanford of the east. It's not on par with Stanford though. Wake wishes it was closer to Duke in stature. We'll have to hold on to not being Dukies for now.

We're talking about soccer. Wake men's soccer is better than Duke men's soccer in every way.

probably the worst post in the history of the internet

I never once thought of that cheer is meaning anything other than the school's letters. Still don't. It's lame to think it would be some sort of insult cheer IMO.

It is the cadence of the cheer. W pause for a second or two and then FU - so that what you hear mostly is FU!

It is the cadence of the cheer. W pause for a second or two and then FU - so that what you hear mostly is FU!

When I read your post complaining about it I assumed that students were chanting " W Fuck You" and you were substituting "FU" for fuck you because you didn't want to type it out. Are you actually pissed about us chanting W FU?

Cmon I think we can do slightly better than a chant emphasizing FU.

If that were the case I'd probably feel better about it. But I've heard it in the first seconds of a game before.

Ok I yield. It's a great chant that represents our fan base extremely well.

It sounds like "F U....W" which would easily be mistaken for the cheer of an opponent.

Hell I could be wrong but I think during my time the cheerleaders did this cheer. It is our school initials

The last few years have taught me that people will find creative new ways to be offended about stuff. I hope this person's sheltered brat of a child doesnt get triggered by any micro-aggressions during their time on the farm.

So Jack is about to win the Soccer Heisman, the Mac Hermann trophy. That is sick.

Fuck, nvm. :mad:

Back