• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do you think Wellman really thinks?

Bubble Boy

Reaction score
Despite what he may say publicly, there is really no way that Wellman truly believes that things are anything but historically horrendous, right? Especially after a game like this. Let's be serious, as long as he is at least 25% sane, he obviously isn't seeing any positives or improvements with the team these days. Despite his Baghdad Bob actions and comments, I would love to know what is really going through his head.

Him not mentioning [Redacted] at all in his DC email today was encouraging from my perspective.

I still loathe that man for the utter arrogance he talked with and the sheer disdain that he showed the average Wake Forest fan these last 2+ years.
Complete and unchecked power corrupts the mind.

I think with a guy as political as Ron that there comes a point where he transitions from hitching his wagon to the guy to attempting to completely wash his hands of such an obvious, unabashed failure. We'll all still hate him for it, because we can see the truth, but that's what he will try to do.

Last edited:
"Men's basketball is showing promise with good victories over NCSU, Xavier and Virginia. The trademark of the team is their hard play. They continue to improve as a result of their dedication and hard work in practice. We have also been more inconsistent than we would like. Our inconsistency is a result of our young players competing at a different level and understanding that their attention to detail needs to be at a peak level every day, whether it be in practice or games. They are learning those lessons rapidly, and as a result, will continue to improve."

Practice? Practice? We talking bout practice?

"Men's basketball is showing promise with good victories over NCSU, Xavier and Virginia. The trademark of the team is their hard play. They continue to improve as a result of their dedication and hard work in practice. We have also been more inconsistent than we would like. Our inconsistency is a result of our young players competing at a different level and understanding that their attention to detail needs to be at a peak level every day, whether it be in practice or games. They are learning those lessons rapidly, and as a result, will continue to improve."

Practice? Practice? We talking bout practice?

What. The. Fuck. I'm assuming that's a real letter from Wellman?

"I sure hope Jeffrey keeps his end of the bargain and never releases those pictures he has of us back in Northwestern..."

RW thinks he is the smartest man in the room. The question is really whether anyone in authority over him will challenge that concept.

Seems like hatch doesn't give a shit if we're good at basketball or not

I think he's hoping Bz does just good enough so that they can part ways at the end of the year amicably and yet Wellman can claim victory and praise Buzz for inheriting a team that was decimated, changing their culture, getting Wake back to doing things the right way, having good young talent and leaving the program in great shape for the next coach to take us to the next level (again).

Seems like hatch doesn't give a shit if we're good at basketball or not

Ironically, when Natty O first arrived he talked a lot about hoops ... what a fan he is of the game and how he likes to play pickup at lunch once or twice a week. The funny thing is, he hasnt been heard from on the subject the last three years.

RW thinks he is the smartest man in the room. The question is really whether anyone in authority over him will challenge that concept.

Not at all bc hatch is completely fine with all of this mess as long as we dont have any more rape stories, or NCAA violations, etc that will affect his goal of becoming a Notre Dame wannabe (minus the sports comparison) or something.

Not at all bc hatch is completely fine with all of this mess as long as we dont have any more rape stories, or NCAA violations, etc that will affect his goal of becoming a Notre Dame wannabe (minus the sports comparison) or something.

Notre Dame sports kinda sucked when Hatch was there as Provost. Just for the record.

I believe (hope) he knows that [Redacted] was a poor hire and did not develop players nearly as much as he thought he would. He has to be looking at the landscape of the ACC with top 25 teams like Cuse, Pitt, and ND coming in, plus NC State gaining a lot of national momentum and realize that he must make a move this offseason and needs to go after a dynamite recruiter otherwise we could fall into irrelevancy for a long time.

But he can't think that right now. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that he can watch a game like this tonight (or one of the other 5 or 6 this year that have been every bit as bad) and think to himself "oh yeah, things are getting better, we are going to be really good soon!". The scoreboard shows that we are getting killed, the games are on TV and everyone can see that we look worse than a bad high school JV team, the media is making fun of us, etc. Unless he is completely delusional, there is just no way that he can really think that things are ok right now and are going to be at an acceptable level anytime soon. If he is that delusional, then he seriously doesn't have the mental capacity to hold ANY sort of job right now, and is probably in need of professional help.

Back