• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is Manning's next job?

Ralph Medlin

Reaction score
Lots of room for humor here but I am really curious where this schlep ends up. Certainly not a head coaching position...

He should open a steakhouse in Lawrence, Kansas.

abstract-head-female-mannequin-ice02-mannequins-vitrine-ice02-1.jpg
+
XlKJFHuU_400x400.jpg

Special Assistant to John Calipari (same role as Ernie Nestor was at Wake) or on the staff with the next head coach at Kansas when the NCAA comes down on them.

I'm also interested to hear what happens w/ the rest of his staff.

For example, what is Rex Walters going to do now? The one year bet on joining Manning's staff did not pay off.

Men's restroom attendant Charlotte airport. Concourse B. One of those guys who wants a buck for handing you a paper towel.

Def will be interesting, especially given how aggressive Danny's been about getting paid throughout his entire basketball career (including while playing at KU?)

For example, what is Rex Walters going to do now? The one year bet on joining Manning's staff did not pay off.

Agree. Manning doesn't need to work another day in his life. SO, he can do nothing or:

- He can get a job at KU whenever he wants (if no coaching staff position is available, he can just be a representative of the KU Athletic Department and talk about the 1988 season forever).
- NBA coaching staffs have become bigger than their rosters; it hilarious to see all of those guys in suits on the bench and now in the row directly behind the bench; Manning could get a job as a big man coach for a number of teams.

More interested to hear what becomes of his staff. Will see if anyone has the fortitude to go down to the JCUO level like Forbes did and work his way back up the ladder after TN fired Pearl's staff.

his next job is to fuck-off

He was misrepresented as a high character guy...to see him pimp out all of our players in the transfer portal as he has guided our Basketball program into a bottom dweller for 6 years and claiming it was the fault of the players not producing and the fans against the players is reprehensible. Us against them...with a 78-111 record? Fuck Manning and send his ass back to Kansas!

Find himself a nice little spot at a retirement village somewhere.

Teach free throws. Not how to shoot them, how to be awarded them. Actually, he wasn’t even outstanding at that.

I kind of hope Wake is paying them for the year. Not that there's any obligation for Wake to do so, but just given how late the decision was made + everything else that is happening, it would be a reasonable gesture.

If The O'Jays were still doing new material, Danny could write for them.

I said this on another thread, but I think he gets another head coaching job. (though probably at a low/mid-major)
There's a serious narrative out there that Manning's failure was Wake Forest's fault, not his. Most oddly, this narrative comes most strongly from Blue Blood fanbases, don't ask me why.
Regardless, it's believed enough that someone is going to employ his ass eventually.

Back