• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the biggest game Chris Paul has won?

Game 7 vs Memphis 2 years ago, they won but he didn't have a good game.
Game 2 vs Memphis last year = game winner to go up 2-0
2 games he almost single-handedly won in '10-11 vs the Lakers to take that series to 2-2
The entire '07-08 playoffs he took the Spurs to 7 and shot 50% from the field, averaged 11.5 AST and 1.8 TO.
Games 1 and 4 of this current series he won almost by himself.
Has run the most efficient crunch-time offense in all of basketball for the past 8 years. There is no one in the NBA you would be better off with the ball in his hands at the end of a close game, and its not really even close.

2 games he almost single-handedly won in '10-11 vs the Lakers to take that series to 2-2
The entire '07-08 playoffs he took the Spurs to 7 and shot 50% from the field, averaged 11.5 AST and 1.8 TO.
Has run the most efficient crunch-time offense in all of basketball for the past 8 years. There is no one in the NBA you would be better off with the ball in his hands at the end of a close game, and its not really even close.

Ehhhh, Tony Parker?

The last time the spurs won a title was CP3's second year, and CP3's teams' have had the best crunch time offenses consistently.

I think that is a tough statement to make on the heels of last night. LeBron could go one on five and at least not lose the handle without getting a shot off before time expires. He's a great player, but Herman Edwards has a saying about the reason people play games.

I think that is a tough statement to make on the heels of last night. LeBron could go one on five and at least not lose the handle without getting a shot off before time expires. He's a great player, but Herman Edwards has a saying about the reason people play games.

In the (in)famous headband game in last year's Finals, Bron Bron had three turnovers in the final 90 seconds, and shot 1-3.

As part of digging into advanced statistics to assess Kobe Bryant in crunch time, we looked at how well different teams score at the very end of very close games.

And we found something surprising: By a key measure of team performance, the New Orleans Hornets led the pack by a country mile.

Over the last five years, in the final 24 seconds of games his team trailed by a point or two, or were tied, the Hornets have scored 102 points on 86 possessions (as of a few weeks ago). That's an offensive rating of more than 118 points per 100 possession.

Remember that number. 118.

Now, consider that most of the NBA is below 85, and 27 teams are below 100. That's a blowout.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24990/chris-pauls-crunch-time-mind

Also: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-playoffs-overnight-chris-paul-the-conqueror/

netw3rk: Having Chris Paul run your offense is like being able to lock offensive possessions in a safe-deposit box. Paul has long been the best point guard in the NBA; the only argument for taking any of his rivals over him was either rank contrarianism or blatant homerism.

Of the four best seasons in PER by a point guard, Paul holds three, with this season’s 25.9 mark tied with 2005-06 Allen Iverson for eighth-best for a point guard. His 46.5 career assist percentage is second only to John Stockton. He has led the NBA in steals in five of the nine years he’s been in the league. His dribbling technique, shooting ability, and athleticism are, of course, excellent, but what really separates him from the pack is his uncanny ability to not make bad decisions, to squeeze the maximum potential out of every possession.

Chris Paul is also, I suspect, the thematic shadow looming over criticisms of Russell Westbrook. “Let Westbrook Be Westbrook” is the battle cry of Westbrook’s defenders, as if a player who put up 21.8 points, 6.9 assists, 5.7 rebounds, and a PER of 24.7 — a player whose every move on the court is a crackling explosion of athleticism and finger-gun holstering — needs defending. Westbrook is a marvel of a basketball player who occasionally makes the wrong decision. And, since the Thunder are a perennial contender, those wrong decisions — an ill-advised pull-up, an overdribbled iso — stand out under the glaring spotlight of the postseason. If there’s a reason people can’t fully accept Westbrook for who he is as a player, it’s that he plays point guard. And so does Chris Paul.

Man, just looked at the number for Paul versus Parker. It really isn't that close.

Gotta wonder how many years CP3 has left on that right knee. Makes last night even more bitter.

I mean kind of. The whole "omg cp3 meltdown" thing is kind of stupid. If the refs had made the obvious call on the out of bounds replay we would be talking about how westbrook took another horrendous 3 in the final seconds and how KD went 4-18 in game 5 and people would be calling for Brooks to be fired and for Westbrook to be traded.

The Clippers outscored the Thunder by 11 with Chris on the floor last night. He had 17, 14, and 4 steals. They wouldn't have had a lead to squander if it weren't for Chris.

His meltdown wasn't even that much of a meltdown. He made three pretty good assumptions that didn't go his way

1. That given the time and score if Westbrook made contact as Chris brought the ball up in the backcourt the refs would call a foul;
2. That given the time and score the refs wouldn't call a foul on incidental contact after Westbrook's release
3. That given the refs demonstrated a willingness to let the game be decided at the free throw line, his best bet was to attack the basket and hope to draw a foul (which he did it just wasn't called).

It's not like he dribbled the ball off his foot, threw a pass out of bounds, or got burnt on defense. He was on the wrong end of some 50/50 calls that wouldn't have even mattered if not for the blown 100/0 call.
That is an interesting take and a loyal defense. Certainly they would not have been in the game without him. But in the end I really don't see any other conclusion than that he blew this game. And he agrees.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about....as usual. Carolina was ranked #4 going into that game. Furthermore (for Go), they were ranked #3 going into the January 15, 2005 game. (And I was actually there for that game.)

Too many people on this board just make up shit to post....seemingly without any concern at all as to the accuracy of what they are posting.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/122003aaa.html

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/011505aac.html

Pot meet kettle.

Yes, I remember.

Jhmd was talking about ball-handling in the final minute though, not open jumpers. Why I mentioned Game 6.

oh, i have a natural reaction to avoid jhmd on basketball threads my b

Back