• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the biggest game Chris Paul has won?

Until all the OWG's die off and noone cares or gives credence to their inaccurate, romanticized notions of how the game "used to be played" before the hoodlums with tattoos ruined it.

The irony, too, is that most of the OWG-types aren't old enough to remember that time.

Because of all the illegal contact that has been allowed to occur on an ever increasing basis over the years, we have reached the point where the game is impossible to officiate. That is why you have situations like this...and it is only going to get worse.

This would be precious if it weren't actually absolutely wholly false. The truth is actuall the opposite. Call it the bad boys rule or the pat Riley Knicks rule but having actually watched nba games for the last 30 years I can tell you that LESS contact is allowed today not MORE and any idiot who has watched a few games a year for the last 20 or so years would absolutely agree with me.

Bill Laimbeer? Rick Mahon? Hello? You're an idiot bobknightfan forever to be renamed boblahblah.

You can spew all that worthless shit until your heart's content...but you've just finished making about a half a dozen lengthy posts about minute interpretations of 4 or 5 judgement calls by officials that occurred within about a 20-second period of one game.

You need to get your focus off responding to my posts with lazy, ad hominem, generational attacks and consider the use of reason & logic instead....because when you think about what you have been posting on this thread all day, your own posts support exactly what I've said. And what I said had nothing whatsoever to do with "hoodlums with tattoos". Stick to the facts and what was actually posted. In other words, get your head out of your ass and deal with the realities of the situation. Your constant bitching about me...in such a vapid manner... has become extremely tiresome and is totally unrelated to the subject at hand.

similar to any post you make related to the NBA.

I've already had a logical discussion with you regarding your viewpoint that the NBA game has become more physical and thus worse. I cited several well respected former players and NBA experts, as well as pointed to specific NBA rule changes, which pointed to the opposite conclusion, that the NBA has become less physical over time. That logical argument apparently did not work for you, so I resorted to other means.

None of my posts supported anything you have said. I was pointing out that there were 4 key calls at the end of the game which all went the Thunder's way which could have gone the other way given how the game is called today (and specifically how game 5 was called). Twenty years ago it would be far less likely for any of those to be called as fouls.

Remember when BKF was ranting about the decline in NBA free throw shooting since the old times, and bmoney very quickly provided statistical evidence for how that's not true? Think of that anytime BKF says anything about the NBA.

I think that Chris Paul might say that the game described below was his "biggest"...

Tragically, only a day after signing his letter of intent, the body of Nathanial Jones was discovered by Paul's father. Jones died after being beaten and robbed by a group of teens as he unloaded groceries from his car in his driveway. Five teenagers tied Jones’ hands behind his back, taped his mouth, and beat him around the head and face. Jones, who had a history of heart trouble, lay in his carport and died from cardiac arhythmia. He was 61. Over 2,000 people honored the memories of Jones at his funeral four days later. The next day, fueled by the suggestion of an aunt, an emotionally devastated Paul scored 61 points in honor of his grandfather, one point for every year his grandfather lived, in West Forsyth's 2002–03 season opener.

Despite Paul's previous career high being 39 points, by halftime, he had racked up 32 points in 16 minutes. When Paul reached the 61-point mark late in the 4th quarter, he purposely airballed a free throw, then took himself out of the game to hug his family on the sidelines, even though the state high school scoring record of 66 points was well within reach.

Last edited:
Basically Chris Paul has of course come home with 2 gold medals which is all well and good. But in the grand scheme of things in his 9th season in the NBA he has not been past the first round of the playoffs yet and in college he did not win in the post season except for the aforementioned Manhattan and Chattanooga. We lost in the ACC tournament after he was suspended for his nutsack job against the Wolfpack. He is a great player and all but if this was golf he would have that collar they give to all the golfers who are the best who have never won a major type title.

Basically Chris Paul has of course come home with 2 gold medals which is all well and good. But in the grand scheme of things in his 9th season in the NBA he has not been past the first round of the playoffs yet and in college he did not win in the post season except for the aforementioned Manhattan and Chattanooga. We lost in the ACC tournament after he was suspended for his nutsack job against the Wolfpack. He is a great player and all but if this was golf he would have that collar they give to all the golfers who are the best who have never won a major type title.

Dude. He's currently playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs, like right now. And yeah, Olympic golds are kind of cool. I guess.

When did Wake stop graduating stupid people? This is an important question.

He's been out of the 1st round in the playoffs multiple times in the NBA. In fact, he's made it past the first round this year.

The Hornets were a terribly run franchise when CP3 was there and during his first two years in Los Angeles, Vinny Del Negro was his coach.

This question is for all the #Donks who thinks CP3 has sucked in the playoffs:

The following two players through their age 28 season and 6th playoff season:

52 playoff games: per 36 averages: 19.1 ppg, 9.0 apg, 4.4 rpg, PER: 25.0 Playoff Record: 22-30 (42%)

39 playoff games: per 36 averages: 22.9 ppg, 7.2 apg, 7.1 rpg, PER: 24.1 Playoff Record: 15-24 (38%)

who would you take?

This question is for all the #Donks who thinks CP3 has sucked in the playoffs:

The following two players through their age 28 season and 6th playoff season:

52 playoff games: per 36 averages: 19.1 ppg, 9.0 apg, 4.4 rpg, PER: 25.0 Playoff Record: 22-30 (42%)

39 playoff games: per 36 averages: 22.9 ppg, 7.2 apg, 7.1 rpg, PER: 24.1 Playoff Record: 15-24 (38%)

who would you take?

On the next episode of "The Bachelor: Losing Playoff Record Edition."

"I give this wilted, losing playoff record rose to...."

P.S. LBJ turned somebody over in the final possession last night to secure the game and series wins. Moving to a Conference Finals would be the high water mark of many careers; Lebron's not allowed to make Memorial Day plans. One can like Chris Paul---indeed, one can actively root for his current and future successes over and above any opponent---and take issue with the statement "There's no one else you'd rather have the ball in their hands late....and it's not even close." Uh....it's a heck of a lot closer than that. He's a great player with a giant donut hole in his resume.

Last edited:
I will say this once more - cp3 has played his entire career in the western conference.

Cp3 had one horrific playoff game in New Orleans when his hornets were getting spanked. I respect the hell out of lebron for both on court and off court stuff but he has flat out quit playoff games early I his career when his cav team was overmatched. Not just once.

Lebron and cp3 both suffer from trying to control too much within their organization. Once lebron got to an organization that won't take that shit because it is run by a legend lebron failed one year and has won since. Cp3 only gets that organization next year.

And again he's in the western conference. Miami in my mind has had to beat the pelicans and the twolves to face off against the suns in te eastern finals. They have had one very good opponent in the east for two years and this year nobody. Big difference. This heat team this year has not been great yet. Haven't needed to. And they've been showboating because they can. They're gonna take a whooping in the finals me thinks

I will say this once more - cp3 has played his entire career in the western conference.

Cp3 had one horrific playoff game in New Orleans when his hornets were getting spanked. I respect the hell out of lebron for both on court and off court stuff but he has flat out quit playoff games early I his career when his cav team was overmatched. Not just once.

Lebron and cp3 both suffer from trying to control too much within their organization. Once lebron got to an organization that won't take that shit because it is run by a legend lebron failed one year and has won since. Cp3 only gets that organization next year.

And again he's in the western conference. Miami in my mind has had to beat the pelicans and the twolves to face off against the suns in te eastern finals. They have had one very good opponent in the east for two years and this year nobody. Big difference. This heat team this year has not been great yet. Haven't needed to. And they've been showboating because they can. They're gonna take a whooping in the finals me thinks

Who is going to give it to them? The team that had to go 7 with an 8 seed?

I will say that it isn't hard to see which way the 50/50 calls are going to go. 1) This is the NBA---the right team usually wins; 2) the business of the NBA is probably ready to send the Donald Sterling Show into its offseason, the sooner the better.

I completely agree with this, though once implemented it should be applied.

On the flip side though a large part of officiating is deciding when to let contact go. The four plays that decided the game down the stretch were examples of that.

On the Westbrook steal the refs decided to allow incidental contact go uncalled.
On the Jackson drive the refs at first allowed contact to go uncalled but clearly allowed that initial decision to impact their ruling on the replay.
On the Westbrook 3 the refs decided to call incidental contact.
On the CP3 drive the refs declined to call incidental contact.

If one of those 4 calls go the Clippers way then this thread doesn't exist.

Sure, but in my opinion while watching the game - the Westbrook steal wasn't a foul. The Barnes play should have been a foul and losing possession would have been a terrible call. The Westbrook 3 was during a shot and Paul was definitely right under hist shooting arm coming up - incidental contact on someone's shooting arm isn't the same as incidental contact when someone's just dribbling around, so assuming the ref heard and saw contact maybe it was legit. They still had 6 seconds to score, and Paul wasn't strong enough with the ball if a tiny bit of contact made him lose it. It was just a weak play in general.

I didn't think there was anything too crazy about any of the calls minus yet again establishing how stupid the review process is and the refs surprisingly ignoring the video and awarding the ball to the team that actually deserved it for once.

Paul's stats are sick, he's the best point guard in the league. But OKC is really good - Spurs/Heat/Clips - any series involving those teams is finals-caliber. And that series of plays by Paul, even though it sucks and he's a great player, might have cost them the series. Not the calls. The plays were much, much worse than the calls.

Again comparing the eastern and western conference is like comparing apples and crab apples.

Now the heat could very well turn it on and hit a higher level but they haven't hit it much this year and never sustained it across more tha a few games. Thunder and clips don't have a guy who can slow down lebron. Spurs do though

Again comparing the eastern and western conference is like comparing apples and crab apples.

Now the heat could very well turn it on and hit a higher level but they haven't hit it much this year and never sustained it across more tha a few games. Thunder and clips don't have a guy who can slow down lebron. Spurs do though

I will be pulling for the Spurs with every fiber of my being, but the Heat are toying with their opponents down the stretch. Swept the Horncats (meh), and made quick work of the only team that seemed to have their number during the regular season. The Heat are not afraid of the Pacers (witness their almost indifference in their concession of the regular season; trading rest for home court), so I think you're going to see a rested and rolling Heat team if the Spurs get that far. Tony Parker is a fine point guard, but he pulled a little bit of a disappearing act last year in the Finals after his early game heroics. I hope that the Heat aren't in the heads of the Spurs. All in all, I'm not sure I'm certain that a team's fate should be confidently entrusted to the sometimes schizo hands of Tony Parker, Manu and Danny Green.

I will say that it isn't hard to see which way the 50/50 calls are going to go. 1) This is the NBA---the right team usually wins; 2) the business of the NBA is probably ready to send the Donald Sterling Show into its offseason, the sooner the better.

:bowrofl:

jhmdkingtroll

Jaybone predicting a spurs blowout is the least surprising jaybone post ever

Jaybone predicting a spurs blowout is the least surprising jaybone post ever

I'm actually not going to predict that. I want it, I did post it, but it is truly wishful thinking. The teams that get to the Finals all have superstar players. In the case of the Heat and Spurs, each team has at least three if not more future HOFers. Sot the Finals always turn on three or four plays made by great players. Anybody predicting this or that in a Finals rematch between the Spurs and Heat are kidding themselves.

The Finals games turned last year on a crazy Tony Parker pivot move 10 feet from the basket that Lebron misplayed allowing a parker miracle shot clock beating bank shot, and of course some batted around rebounds and a Lebron and Ray Allen 3 pointer. I can argue for 20 years that the Heat got so super lucky in that game 6, but those shots were made by future HOFers. And then you all but forget that Tim Duncan was just awesome for the first 3 quarters or that Tony Parker hit a step back 3 over Lebron to put the Spurs in position to win a 5th championship.

So no, I am not predicting a Spurs whooping. I want one. I think the Spurs have played far superior ball all year and that Ray Allen and DWade and Chris Anderson have actually lost more in 12 months than have Duncan and Parker and Manu, but all 3 could step up big in the Finals. One, they get to coast there essentially, and two all those names except the biker dude who fucked the 17 year old girl are future HOFers.

I mean that 8 seed was better than anyone the Heat will play before the finals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

Back