• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite sports month?

Your Favorite Sports Month:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stonz

Reaction score
Think of it in terms of...if you could only watch sports for 1 month out of the year, which month would you pick?

April. NCAA tourney final rounds, baseball starts, the Masters, NBA playoff races heating up, etc.

April. Final Four and The Masters. Plus the start of Major League Baseball.

Close second is October if your baseball team is in the playoffs.

Yea it's this for me. Baseball playoffs, college and NFL are underway. Love this time of year. Really from the end of baseball regular season through bowl season in college for me.

October.

MLB Playoffs
College football (Grassy Knoll tailgates) and NFL
President's Cup this year, often this or Ryder Cup
College basketball begins

May. All the big trophies of the best sport in the world are decided then.

October.

MLB Playoffs

This. Saddest day of the year in sports is the day after the NBA Playoffs.

May. All the big trophies of the best sport in the world are decided then.

eAQ5T2303-L.jpg

Technically ends in June.

Well, that was a softball post to allow you jackals to make fun of it, so I see what you did there.

Easily January for me. Some of the top bowl games, BCS championship (not sure how this will change with the NCAA FB playoffs), and the NFL playoffs. Plus, you have NBA and college basketball games all month, and NHL games all month (when they're not in a labor dispute). The only thing is I would apply for a one week extension to allow me to watch the Super Bowl.

There should be a "pre-Buzz" category, because before he came, it was March (even though we sucked in March - now we just don't participate).

March, but October is a close second. March gets the nod because of hockey and the NCAA tournament.

September. Tailgating and college football.

October.

MLB Playoffs

Unfortunately, you don't really get any college hoops until November, unless you're taking in practices (in which case, I don't know why you're so BzOut). But in general, I agree - Sept. 15-Oct. 15 is probably my favorite time due to MLB playoffs, NFL and CFB and Ryder/President's Cup. Mid-March to mid-April is a very close second, if only because the NCAA Tournament is the best thing in sports (I don't care about the NBA at all).

Back