• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite sports month?

Your Favorite Sports Month:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
September. Tailgating and college football.
This. Although it's only one sport, having both the NFL and college football back is fantastic and easily my favorite time of the year. Plus the weather is still warm enough for awesome tailgating.

This is a great question. If I could narrow it down to a 31 day period, it would be March 15-April 15 to cover the tourney and opening day of baseball. But to stick to the question, I'll go with March. Nothing better than the opening round weekend of the tourney.

January. NFL playoffs, the good bowl games and the start of conference play in college hoops. You also have NBA, NHL, the start of golf and the 1st tennis major of the year.

My answer used to be March, so fuck you Buzz.

I'm going with October. Baseball playoffs, college football out of the cupcake season, tailgating, pro football starting to show is a pretender and who is a contender, preseason for college BB, a few early tournaments.

September and it's not even close. The return of the NFL regular season trumps everything.

March for "March Madness". A close second would be September as it is the first month of college and pro football.

March. Nothing else is even close.

It's an absolute shame that Gus doesn't call the tourney anymore.

This. Saddest day of the year in sports is the day after the BCS Championship.

FIFY. Although I understand your point, after the NBA, we are all stuck with baseball only until the end of August when college football starts again, and even though I have enjoyed watching the Braves all summer, I involuntarily stop caring.

April. NCAA B-Ball championship, Opening Day, Hockey and Basketball stretch drives, Spring Football games, and the month ends with confluence of my two favorite sport College and Pro football with the NFL Draft.

Back