• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where in the World is LOBO?

He had talked to or was interviewed by Mississippi State... I thought. Guess they saw some game film.

But he was suppose to be an offensive genius. Guess no one saw it but Grobe

If he banked his money the way he should have, he can weather the presumed massive paycut and not have to relocate his family. Not a bad reset to start things over again in college football.

He was offered quality control at an SEC school(Arkansas maybe). Big step down though in role.

Wasn't one of the bigger complaints similar to buzz where he had these complex sets and schemes that only he could understand. Yeah I am sure if the players at Wake had no idea what the fuck he was trying to say and do that the players at WSSU will be able to execute it to perfection.

There was a thread about Grobe interviewing with UAB. Did any other news come out about that. A couple of the articles I read said he was probably their best candidate.

Last edited:
I might actually check out a game next year. Glad he could find work, but very troubling that our offensive coordinator now could only find a job at Winston-Salem State. Perhaps he could have gone elsewhere and didn't want to move, but this confirms what we thought about Lobo.

yeah man come to a game sometime I try to go to all wake and wssu games but if theyre at the same time I prefer wssu over wake just because they're WAY more fun than wake games

I might actually check out a game next year. Glad he could find work, but very troubling that our offensive coordinator now could only find a job at Winston-Salem State. Perhaps he could have gone elsewhere and didn't want to move, but this confirms what we thought about Lobo.

Awesome, and there were people who defended him at every turn. He was completely in over his head as an OC and it was so obvious. Grobe went down defending that clown... amazing.

I figured he was going to end up as an OL coach at a cut blocking option attack school.

BhggG8WIIAEiXhA.jpg

He is at the White House....

Should be interesting to see how he does with his first 5* QB Phil Simms (Alabama, UVA).

Seems like he just desperately wanted to stay in W-S, probably for family reasons. As bad as he sucked at Wake, I'm sure he could have gotten a position coaching gig at an FBS school if he were willing to relocate.

Seems like he just desperately wanted to stay in W-S, probably for family reasons. As bad as he sucked at Wake, I'm sure he could have gotten a position coaching gig at an FBS school if he were willing to relocate.

This.

Doesn't he have an adopted daughter with a lot of health issues? Seems like he made a decision to give his kids a stable environment. Most people can't get that in the coaching profession. Good for him.

Back