• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is Baby Deac?

As tight as the information is I think Shaka is not out of the mix. He hasn't publicly turned us down yet. He may not even be Wellman's number one. I think this Danny Manning bullshit is a smokescreen. And I'll believe that until he's hired. I think Wellman's minions are funneling ESPN some serious bullshit.

As tight as the information is I think Shaka is not out of the mix. He hasn't publicly turned us down yet. He may not even be Wellman's number one. I think this Danny Manning bullshit is a smokescreen. And I'll believe that until he's hired. I think Wellman's minions are funneling ESPN some serious bullshit.

I agree. Both Hatch and RW have made a point of saying we are aiming extremely high. They are not idiots--they know that hiring someone like Manning or Tim Miles is going to be met with a LOT of disappointment in that context. If Shaka was not a possibility, there would be some leak that we have moved on. Otherwise, what are we waiting for? If the decision to ditch [Redacted] was made weeks and weeks ago, you have to imagine that Wellman & company have a plan.

I agree. Both Hatch and RW have made a point of saying we are aiming extremely high. They are not idiots--they know that hiring someone like Manning or Tim Miles is going to be met with a LOT of disappointment in that context. If Shaka was not a possibility, there would be some leak that we have moved on. Otherwise, what are we waiting for? If the decision to ditch [Redacted] was made weeks and weeks ago, you have to imagine that Wellman & company have a plan.

Yes. Because we haven't heard a thing from Marshall, Wright or Howland. They are all still in play, in addition to Shaka, until they say so. I have to hand it to Wellman, this is an extremely tight search, which gives me hope. I think ESPN is getting their information from this board.

Seems to me some insiders at VCU would know Wake made an offer, Shaka turned it down, and would have leaked that by now.

Also, I'd be shocked if Wellman didn't continue to do his due diligence and start to line up some other candidates.

Manning seems to be using this speculation as leverage for a raise (e.g., his comments regarding his meeting with the President of Tulsa)

ESPN would be all over a Wellman fail on Shaka by now. After his post-selection interview they would be on that like white on rice. All they've got is a Manning interview.

ESPN would be all over a Wellman fail on Shaka by now. After his post-selection interview they would be on that like white on rice. All they've got is a Manning interview.

In another thread palma speculated that Shaka was given as much time as he needed. This makes a lot of sense given the facts we have: we continue to line up other candidates & we have heard nothing from Shaka's side (other than DeaconKing's post that he was offered and speculation that the initial talks were well received).

Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] are also good at sinking ships.

Isn't it possible Baby was privy to some info related to the basketball team but not necessarily the AD.
And even if he was privy to more information, it would be easy for the AD to figure out who was leaking info that wasn't supposed to get out.

I'd bet when BabyDeac or any other super user starts posting regularly, it means we are close to the end.

Yes. Because we haven't heard a thing from Marshall, Wright or Howland. They are all still in play, in addition to Shaka, until they say so. I have to hand it to Wellman, this is an extremely tight search, which gives me hope. I think ESPN is getting their information from this board.

WHAT?!?! I demand royalties. #vivaponzischeme

He doesn't publicly have an offer.

Credible info has been in very short supply.

The direction of this search has changed more than once.

Wild speculation is just that ...

He lives! Is it at least looking positive?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On a scale of 1-10, how happy do you think we'll be with our hire?

The purple loon dances under the midnight sun.

Imagination is a wonderful thing.

Back