• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which Wake team over the past 25 years, should have won the NCAAT more than the rest?

Which Wake team over the past 25 years, should have won the NCAAT more than the rest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nobody was beating kentucky in 96. come on people....

You are probably right, but I saw '93 Kentucky's 1st 3 NCAAT games in person including their beatdown of us and would have said the same thing.

04/05 team dominated the team that eventually won it all.

Which Wake team over the past 25 years, should have won the NCAAT more than t...

You are probably right, but I saw '93 Kentucky's 1st 3 NCAAT games in person including their beatdown of us and would have said the same thing.

I was sitting behind the goal kentucky was shooting at in the first half of that 93 game. had your standard kentucky inbred sitting directly behind me, and he yelled BOOM! in my ear every time they hit a three.

Last edited:
I was sitting behind the goal kentucky was shooting at in the first half of that 93 game. had your standard kentucky inbred sitting directly behind me, and he yelled BOOM! in my ear every time they hit a three.

Such an awful experience. FSU-WKU went to OT, felt like our game didn't tip until around 10:30. Playing in NC and the arena was 2/3 Kentucky fans. We were back in Winston before the game ended. Karmic payback for stealing Travis Ford's Mom's seat in Round 1 in Nashville.

95 team. UCLA was not a great team.

96 team probably wouldn't have beaten UK even with a healthy Rutland. UMass was better in 1996 than 1995 too.

THe 2005 team was the most talented offensively. We just ran into a team in WVU that was red hot and matched up perfectly with us. There were also flukes in that game, like Levy taking the T foul shots that never should've happened. Typical Wake Forest luck though....

I blame myself too. Got tickets and bought a plane ticket to Portland (couldn't fly in to Seattle) that afternoon. At least I got to see UNC and Big Country/Jason Skaer/Randy Rutherford lose on semifinal Saturday.

Oooff, Randy Rutherford is the guy who killed us as we had no one to match up with him or match is productivity. Don't think Scooter had a very good game that day. But ya, Rutland's 3, fuuuuuggg.

Would have been nice to see Chill get to play in a Final Four. #sadface

Back