• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which WF QB will start vs. ULM?

The starting QB against ULM is ______

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
This may have been done previously, but there's little football talk on the board and camp starts soon. I just wanted to get a sense for what the popular opinion is at QB, even though we may not know a whole lot about all the contenders.

Last edited:
Wolford starts (the film on him looks impressive)
Sousa becomes backup and maybe gets in certain packages as a running threat.
Cameron is third string.
Smith redshirts.

Just my predictions

Last edited:
Smith is the only guy on that list who was solely recruited by Clawson and solely committed to Clawson. That makes him the leader in my opinion.

Wasn't Wolford?

The word has been that Wolford was a silent verbal to Grobe or was about to verbal to Grobe. Either way, Clawson took the verbal, then went out and got Smith.

Regardless of what happens this year, I think there's a very good chance Hinton will start in 2015 or he'll redshirt and eventually start in 2016.

Everything Clawson has said (and the spring game performances) makes me believe it'll be one of the freshmen

Souza will start game one, but I imagine he'll be on a short leash with Wolford waiting in the wings.

Smith is my wild-ass guess, though a more "experienced" QB could start but not play as much as one or both freshmen.

Yeah it's basically a crapshoot.

I think Cameron is better than Sousa - at least he was the last time I saw them both consistently compete at practice. It hasn't been more than 18 months since Sousa was unable to compete a basic five yard out route with pocket pressure so I'm not exactly convinced that he's a legitimate option.

If it's even remotely close between who to start of the four, you start the better of the two freshmen with a potential redshirt for the other. Tie goes to the younger players - in this case I view "tie" as in "if they are close at all to each other" since this year is just going to be awful anyway.

I think the dark horse to win it is Sousa. If he works as hard as he said he was going to (ESPN blog) then I think his throwing could come around (will never be a stellar passer) while his legs could atleast keep us in games this year. But like everyone else, I have no clue.

If it's Sousa then I expect Ted Stachitas 2.0 where we get the primary read and then tuck and run.

Yeah it's basically a crapshoot.

I think Cameron is better than Sousa - at least he was the last time I saw them both consistently compete at practice. It hasn't been more than 18 months since Sousa was unable to compete a basic five yard out route with pocket pressure so I'm not exactly convinced that he's a legitimate option.

If it's even remotely close between who to start of the four, you start the better of the two freshmen with a potential redshirt for the other. Tie goes to the younger players - in this case I view "tie" as in "if they are close at all to each other" since this year is just going to be awful anyway.

Cameron is a practice all-star. Has the look, the arm, and executes all the drills real well. In the scrimmages and spring game he flat out sucked. I don't mean he was disappointing, I mean he was awful.

Back