• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which WF QB will start vs. ULM?

The starting QB against ULM is ______

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@ACCSports: Clawson says his pro style offense is flexible to match personnel. This year, he'll run more tight end sets than spread looks #ACCKickoff CM

What is this TE he speaks of?

@ACCSports: Clawson says his pro style offense is flexible to match personnel. This year, he'll run more tight end sets than spread looks #ACCKickoff CM

Pissed me off for years watching us NEVER develop the TE position or use it effectively. One of the safest passes in football is to the TE and a great tool when your running game isn't worth a shit.

Really excited to see Clawson develop the TE position in the coming years.

@Ed_Hardin: Clawson on QB situation: "Not very good."

AGAGAHAHAHAHA. Fuck me.

http://www.accsports.com/articles/clawson-still-seeking-solutions-at-quarterback

“I don’t know who our starting quarterback will be. I really don’t,” Clawson said. “And that’s not gamesmanship, that’s not behind the scenes trying to motivate someone in the program. We have four guys, and I’m hoping one of them takes control of it and is our quarterback for the year.”

...Clawson said the last time he had a quarterback situation this bleak was his second season at Bowling Green. That year, the Falcons went 2-10, which stands as his worst season as a head coach, save for his 0-11 first season at Fordham.

Will a combination play/rotate series?

I hated seeing that under Grobe, and it does nothing for the team in terms of consistency. But it may be the only option if it really is this up in the air.

I hope not. Pick one guy and stick with him until he fails. Then pick the next guy.

We have a good one with Gordon. He has a great body and will thrive in the right offense.

After being injured in the state championship game his junior year, Travis was unable to throw during an important evaluation period for 2014 qb's. Coach Borges of Michigan told him he was in the top three and they would wait to make a decision until after he was healthy enough to throw for them. Shortly after, they offered Wilton Speight, without coming back to watch him work out as they had promised.
http://thebighousereport.com/2013/01/brief-update-travis-smith.html

Travis Smith ended up committing early to what would have been a great situation at Toledo. This early, solid commitment as well as questions about the injury is what stalled further offers. As it turned out (after most schools had offered class of 2014 qb's) Travis Smith turned out healthy and once again ran the table and led his team to another state title in 2013. For those of you who are basing your guess about the starter on their offer list, you may want to take this into account. Also, ESPN had Travis Smith rated 54 and John Wolford 75, Scout had Smith at 40 and Wolford at 63 and Rivals had Smith at 24 Wolford not ranked. Only 247 had Smith lower at 110 while they had Wolford at 33. Everybody that knows him or has worked with him thinks Wake Forest got a steal. I am not saying that Travis is a lock to become the starter but if someone is going to beat him out they will have to reach a very high level.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXd2jcKKrtw

Last edited:
^ and to Ph's earlier point - he's the only guy of the four that Clawson recruited from end to end.

Didn't we hype the shit out of Tyler Cameron and Kevin Sousa when they committed, or am I just imagining that? They both were highly recruited players, what the hell happened?

We've hyped just about every QB who has committed to Wake.

Price was hyped. How many times did people post stuff about him breaking Drew Brees' high school records?

People who have actually watched him in practice have consistently said Sousa does not look like a good passer at all.

Back