• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who ever the new coach is

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
We should all make a pact to get behind him and give him a chance. If it's not Shaka, Howland or at least Archie Miller probably just about all of us will be disappointed, but short of Jeff [Redacted] being named his own successor let's give the guy a chance. Wellman on the other hand is fair game if he blows this and we end up with a coach that would've been way down the list!

Last edited:
We should all make a pact to get behind him and give him a chance. If it's not Shaka, Howland or at least Archie Miller probably just about all of us will be disappointed, but short of Jeff [Redacted] being named his own successor let's give the guy a chance. Wellman on the other hand is fair game if he blows this and we end up with a coach that would've been way down the list!

sarcasm detected

sarcasm detected

No, I'm 100 percent sincere. Look I'm going to be as pissed as anybody if we end up with a hire like Manning for example, because I think with a competent AD and without the damage done the past 4 years we could do much better. However, we need to give whoever it is a chance and get behind this program again until it becomes evident again that another change is warranted.

Fuck that. Call for Wellman's head.

Like I said Wellman is fair game. His one chance to make up for the last 4 years was a Homerun hire this time, if he blows it oh well.

Last edited:
Just about everybody was disappointed with the Buzzhole hire, but just about everybody was willing to wait and see. It will be the same if we don't land a big name here. The problem is that the minute things go bad is when people will start to turn, and that should be a situation Wellman seeks to avoid by not settling for a halfass, risky hire. The fanbase is much less likely to go rogue if the hire is somebody that they are behind from the outset.

Just about everybody was disappointed with the Buzzhole hire, but just about everybody was willing to wait and see. It will be the same if we don't land a big name here. The problem is that the minute things go bad is when people will start to turn, and that should be a situation Wellman seeks to avoid by not settling for a halfass, risky hire. The fanbase is much less likely to go rogue if the hire is somebody that they are behind from the outset.

The [Redacted] hire was just plain bad from the start. He had a long and poor track record to go by. At least if we hire Manning he's got potential upside and a limited, but good track record. I was never ever able to get behind [Redacted] at all.

Manning doesn't really have a track record. He's only coached 2 years. Meh.

Nope. Not interested in mediocrity anymore. Better than Bz mentality is the mythical rock bottom imo.

It was a bad hire, and most were not willing to wait and see. After the Stetson debacle, the boards had already decided. Wellman has no room for error this time.

Nope. Not interested in mediocrity anymore. Better than Bz mentality is the mythical rock bottom imo.

Well honestly I don't care who we hire , there's no guarantee they will be successful. Just because Shaka has won at VCU doesn't mean he'd win here, same for Marshall, it's a wait and see with any hire. It would be nice though to bring in a name hire (as a coach, not just as a player) and see what would happen though. At least a Manning hire would be a name that would bring some attention to the program I guess.

I'm not sure I consider Manning to be a "name hire"...The kids he would be recruiting this year were born in 1997-98. They don't know shit about some national championship in 1988 unless their dads went to KU, and I hardly think he'll be recruiting kids out of the areas normally reserved for high numbers of KU alumni.

I'm not sure I consider Manning to be a "name hire"...The kids he would be recruiting this year were born in 1997-98. They don't know shit about some national championship in 1988 unless their dads went to KU, and I hardly think he'll be recruiting kids out of the areas normally reserved for high numbers of KU alumni.

He's not a name hire as a coach, he'd be a name hire to the media though and we'd get some pub because of it.

Back