• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who ever the new coach is

Ron can kiss a lot of money goodbye with a shitty hire. With my first child on the way, I could honestly envision a world where I give two shits about Wake sports with a bad hire. Overpaid idiot of an AD won't get another pass from me if he fucks this up...especially with the Buzzaster. I mean who honestly interviewed that guy and thought he would be a good coach and/or recruiter? Mr Smartest Man in the Room has proven to be #dense with the basketball coaching hires.

Last edited:
Claw was impressive in his first presser. Jim Caldwell was equally impressive when I first heard him. We won't know till the new guy gets here and we can size him up for ourselves. Our recruits probably have never heard of Manning, but his PARENTS have.

If the fan base does not give the new hire a chance, then we don't deserve the likes of Shaka, Howland and Miller.

Last edited:
I'll be pissed if we hire anybody other than Brad Muthafuckin Stevens.

We should all make a pact to get behind him and give him a chance. If it's not Shaka, Howland or at least Archie Miller probably just about all of us will be disappointed, but short of Jeff [Redacted] being named his own successor let's give the guy a chance. Wellman on the other hand is fair game if he blows this and we end up with a coach that would've been way down the list!

Amazing that this board is going through all five stages of grief before there has even been credible information about the search.

Or, Ron could just hire a coach that we don't all have to make a pact not to hate? I don't see why the burden should be on the fans here. The burden should be on Ron to bring in someone worth loving.

If this is really happening, does anyone wonder why we can't have nice things when Wake has so much money not tethered to tax payers? Does any of this make sense unless Ron is sitting on some amazing hire and just fucking with everyone? He can't really have to dig down to Manning to fill the position unless for some weird reason he thinks that's the best hire. Not one thing I've read on this board in the last week makes any sense.

With that in mind. I'm done trolling on the board and I'll wait and see. I'll bet Danny Manning is a nice guy. I'm pretty sure Jay Wright has soft hands. I think Shaka would love to live in Graylin. We'll see what happens. Later kids.

BURGER KING FOR ALL TOMORROW! #frenchtoaststicks

The "whomever."-maya tagger needs to learn about predicate nominatives.

Amazing that this board is going through all five stages of grief before there has even been credible information about the search.

Announcement of what, I'm simply saying whoever it is should get our 100 support as our coach until he we know what we've got. I guess I view supporting the coach separate from supporting Wellman and the hiring.

It's comforting to know no matter who our coach is it won't be *******.

Back