• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why Thursday?

SCDeac

Reaction score
Anyone know why the hell we're playing on a Thursday night? It's not for TV. We probably won't have 10K at the game. Play this dog on a Saturday and at least get some more asses in the seats. Throw in the Friday night game later this fall and this is one odd home slate. Looks like some kind of shit a Sunbelt team would pull.

Our last 3 season openers have been on a Thursday. This isn't anything new.

Our last 3 season openers have been on Thursday. This isn't anything new.

Makes absolutely no sense though. We look like shit on tv with a 2/3 empty stadium.

But we look fine on WatchESPN.

I like Thurs. night games because it allows us to watch more TV games on Sat. Of course if we lose it's not nearly as much fun.

I'm kind of curious how many people will actually "tune in" for a game like this?

10k unique viewers? 15k?

I'm kind of curious how many people will actually "tune in" for a game like this?

10k unique viewers? 15k?

We'll be up against UNC/USC and the Michigan games. We might have "family and friends" watching and I guess a few folks from Elon.

I'm not sure how ESPN justifies sending a crew for this game to be honest.

I think we will also be up against all the NFL preseason games which are being played that night.

I love it, go see my Deacs Thursday night, take Friday off and take my daughter to school, take care of some stuff around the house, pick her up from school and when my wife gets home from school (teacher), head to the beach for the Labor Day weekend. A Saturday opener would totally screw that up!

From a football standpoint, it makes little sense. Fewer fans, stadium looks empty online on E3, and the game likely would have been on some obscure cable location if played Saturday. Unless it is due to Labor Day weekend vacation concerns, in which case I guess it does make some sense.

At least the nonsensical thread title caused me to open this thread and deduce that we have a game on Thursday, which I had not known prior.

From a football standpoint, it makes little sense. Fewer fans, stadium looks empty online on E3, and the game likely would have been on some obscure cable location if played Saturday. Unless it is due to Labor Day weekend vacation concerns, in which case I guess it does make some sense.

There is little to no chance that this game would be on TV no matter when it is played. It is being played on Thursday night to accommodate the scenario that livenanddiedeac describes.

I like Thurs. night games because it allows us to watch more TV games on Sat. Of course if we lose it's not nearly as much fun.

Yeah true but this opening Saturday's game aren't nearly as interesting as usually

Earlier start to preseason and more time to prep for second game.

Back