• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women! At! Work!

how frequent is this? do you think it's on purpose?

Not enough to become a national issue or anything, but definitely more than it should be. I can't say for sure whether these particular cases were on purpose or if it was just two cases of the "uh-oh's." My previous two deployments were in all male units, but those are starting to go the way of the dinosaur in the military. As the military gets near complete integration in every possible unit, this is just going to be an inconvenient fact of life.

I know one of the girls was engaged to some poor guy back home. I can only imagine how that conversation went when she got back.

Not enough to become a national issue or anything, but definitely more than it should be. I can't say for sure whether these particular cases were on purpose or if it was just two cases of the "uh-oh's." My previous two deployments were in all male units, but those are starting to go the way of the dinosaur in the military. As the military gets near complete integration in every possible unit, this is just going to be an inconvenient fact of life.

I know one of the girls was engaged to some poor guy back home. I can only imagine how that conversation went when she got back.

I don't believe in marriage. but for whatever reason, that really, really upset me. Do you know if her man was acting up as well and do you know if the ring was returned or not?

I don't believe in marriage. but for whatever reason, that really, really upset me. Do you know if her man was acting up as well and do you know if the ring was returned or not?

Not to my knowledge. I'm actually Navy, but I was attached to an army unit out of Bragg for an IA (Individual Augmantee), so I haven't a clue as to what has happened since then. I got rid of Facebook several years ago, so I lose touch with people a whole lot easier these days.

No such thing as just Dear Johnny letters anymore either. Dear Suzie letters are the norm now as well.

Last edited:
took me a sec to get that last sentence, i see what you mean. man that sucks.

Last edited:
One of the women at the office - she's married to a man who adores her and they have a cute 2-year old little anklebiter - is having an affair with one of our more important clients. She doesn't even try to hide it. She Skypes the guy because her husband has forbidden her to call him anymore (I don't know the details behind THAT, nor do I care to). I used to be friends with her. Now every time I see her I think of her family being betrayed and a wave of depression hits me. So I go talk to the people who make me laugh, and thankfully, we have a LOT of those! :)

I've mentioned this before but my brother had a lot of guys in his unit come home to empty houses and empty bank accounts.

Women would achieve equal pay and create human advancements at the same rate as men if they had ambivalence from their same sex peers. Haters are a drain.

Last edited:
I've mentioned this before but my brother had a lot of guys in his unit come home to empty houses and empty bank accounts.

I would do everything in my power to talk the deploying 19 year old out of giving his wife his power of attorney. Brah, you have a mother/father.

One of the women at the office - she's married to a man who adores her and they have a cute 2-year old little anklebiter - is having an affair with one of our more important clients. She doesn't even try to hide it. She Skypes the guy because her husband has forbidden her to call him anymore (I don't know the details behind THAT, nor do I care to). I used to be friends with her. Now every time I see her I think of her family being betrayed and a wave of depression hits me. So I go talk to the people who make me laugh, and thankfully, we have a LOT of those! :)

People who willfully disregard their marital vows are low lifes. I don't get it.

i have cried at work one time (when i was working for ASP) - i was yelling at an adult male volunteer and was SO ANGRY with him i started crying.
it was humiliating. anger tears are the fucking worst.

There are a couple of questions for you from the back: 1) What is ASP? 2) In your signature, you say "defiantly", but there are some who think you meant to go with "definitely." Any comment?

There are a couple of questions for you from the back: 1) What is ASP? 2) In your signature, you say "defiantly", but there are some who think you meant to go with "definitely." Any comment?

ASP = appalachia service project www.asphome.org

my sig is quoting a dumb girl that i think palma was texting. i know it's misuse of the word... though i suppose out of context, i just look like an idiot.

ASP = appalachia service project www.asphome.org

my sig is quoting a dumb girl that i think palma was texting. i know it's misuse of the word... though i suppose out of context, i just look like an idiot.

Don't let them get you down. There is no such thing as an out of context T-rex reference.

Back