• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Hoops

Yep, 45 game losing streak snapped vs. Duke.

Duke is down, but it is nice to see some signs of life out of this program. Maybe if we can stay healthy and the new recurits pan out, we might be able to make some noise next year.

Still possible to finish 8-8 this year.

Only two seniors: Ataijah Taylor and Kandice Ball

We are seeing the results we needed to see from Hoover this season. Congrats to the Lady Deacs!

it would be nice if the WS journal did an article on the lady deacs as this level of success they are having is unprecedented for WFU women's basketball. It would be much more enjoyable than reading about defeat after defeat of Manning's crew.

I mean when we're 6-7 in the ACC in her fourth season let's hold off on the coronation.

I don't think there is any coronation, but the women have accomplished a lot in the last few weeks. They broke Duke's 45 game win streak against Wake, which dates back 23 years. They've won 4 straight ACC games for the first time since 1988. They also beat Duke, NC State, and UNC in the same season for only the second time in program history.

I don't think there is any coronation, but the women have accomplished a lot in the last few weeks. They broke Duke's 45 game win streak against Wake, which dates back 23 years. They've won 4 straight ACC games for the first time since 1988. They also beat Duke, NC State, and UNC in the same season for only the second time in program history.
And we are missing 5 injured players including our starting point guard (Simmons) and best rebounder (Brunori).

And as opposed to our men's team that has completely tanked coming down the stretch, our women's team is playing their best basketball down the stretch. I've also heard really good things about recruiting, so I think while there is no coronation, the women's program seems to be trending upward while the men's program is mired in the same pit as it has been for going on 6 years.

It isn't likely that you are going to go from terrible to good. Steps will be incremental. We have good young talent and have dealt with a ton of injuries this year. Getting to around .500 in the ACC is a nice stepping stone year.

It isn't likely that you are going to go from terrible to good. Steps will be incremental. We have good young talent and have dealt with a ton of injuries this year. Getting to around .500 in the ACC is a nice stepping stone year.

I think it's a great stepping stone. I mean earlier in the year they were dropping games to Belmont and Hampton.

Glad that Coach Hoover has turned into a dynamic leader of an inspiring basketball team rather than the incompetent self-absorbed asshole she was just a few short weeks ago.

Are any of these gals expected back this season/post season if we make it?

We lost Atkinson and Gordon in the pre-season. I think they are done for the year. Brunori finally came back from her ACL and played in January. But she has missed the last 5 games. Don't know her status. Simmons has missed all of January and February. Don't know about her but I think I heard she was out the rest of the season. The post-grad, Keyonna Allen, did not play against Duke due to undisclosed injury. Freshman Destini Walker missed 6 weeks but has returned and played some in the last 2 games.

At 15-11 (6-7), any chance that the WF women can make the NCAAs?

The next game is at home versus ND (who are usually great).

Short of winning the ACC tournament, none. Our RPI is 116.

Nice tweet for the women from Clawson...did anyone see if Manning sent one also?

Back