• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would hiring Danny Manning "save face" for Wellman and be a "big name hire"?

Saves face? Big enough name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wellman with this hire has done shit to put out the fire he started. Short of retaining [Redacted] or hiring another [Redacted] the fan base was going to have a small tick in excitement just because it's anyone but the last four years. After that the hire is so meh, no where near a home run, and just another example of why wellman needs to go. What do the people in charge think is going to happen if their reasoning was all this was hurting wake will and other money? Hi would you like to donate to the wake will fund, we fired [Redacted] and hired a new coach. Oh yeah who is the new coach? Danny manning, yeah I think I'll hold off buying season tickets and donating bye

Nothing says "win the presser" like having 2 years of meaningful experience, getting an undeserving ACC offer and then trying to LEVERAGE TULSA. No thanks.

We are done. We are a football school. Maybe.

SkyDivingDeacon, he of the mean negrep to PH. Explain yourself! Say some shit!

PH is insufferable. Or maybe these past four years have made me meaner. I'm not really sure. Probably a combination of the two.

I told my wife that if one of Shaka, Howland or Marshall somehow got hired that we were buying season tickets for ourselves and a few members of our family the day of the announcement and upping our deacon club contributions. If Manning comes, I may make the two hour drive to see one or two games. That about sums up how I feel about the prospect of him being our head coach if it happens. Nothing against the guy, but he's had moderate success at a historically unknown basketball program for a whopping two years. We need a first rate hire, regardless if it's a big name, and this would be far from that.

Wellman needs to go unless he pulls off a 'splash' hire that every damn Wake fan deserves at this point.

Same here...

Wellman with this hire has done shit to put out the fire he started. Short of retaining [name redacted] or hiring another [name redacted] the fan base was going to have a small tick in excitement just because it's anyone but the last four years. After that the hire is so meh, no where near a home run, and just another example of why wellman needs to go. What do the people in charge think is going to happen if their reasoning was all this was hurting wake will and other money? Hi would you like to donate to the wake will fund, we fired [name redacted] and hired a new coach. Oh yeah who is the new coach? Danny manning, yeah I think I'll hold off buying season tickets and donating bye

I thought that Hatch and the BOT were not going to let Wellman screw this up?

Well does the culture bullshit get thrown out the window now, God I hope Dan writes something about

A. How his negotiations with Tulsa included letting them reduce their "tough elite academic restrictions" to let him compete better in the AAC

B. How this year one of his players was publicly accused of rape and suspended from the team

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...jr-tulsa-golden-hurricane-investigated-police

And we fired Dino because HIS culture was bad?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Ron Wellman is the gift that just keeps on giving and the BOT is completely OUT TO LUNCH!!!

No. It's embarrassing how far we've fallen.

You got that right...

Last edited:
Well does the culture bullshit get thrown out the window now, God I hope Dan writes something about

A. How his negotiations with Tulsa included letting them reduce their "tough elite academic restrictions" to let him compete better in the AAC

B. How this year one of his players was publicly accused of rape and suspended from the team
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...jr-tulsa-golden-hurricane-investigated-police

Ron will borrow Bzzz's line about he doesn't read anything on the internet, in the papers, nor does he watch TV, so he can plead justifiable ignorance. :tard:

Back