• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your all time favorite athlete

I'm pretty disappointed that this thread has made it over 24 hours without a 1,500 word tribute from GoNiners to Cornbread Maxwell.

18f12cm2njrhyjpg.jpg

As a Wake Forest alumni, a basketball addict, and a person who respects good teammates...that video made me a little emotional. Gonna miss that guy. What a great player and great teammate.

As a Wake Forest alumni, a basketball addict, and a person who respects good teammates...that video made me a little emotional. Gonna miss that guy. What a great player and great teammate.

It is remarkable that one of the greatest NBA players of all time played 4 years at WF.
Staying for 4 years didn't exactly hurt either his career or his bank account.

Legitimate DEACON PRIDE!

Win: Roger Staubach. I'm not one for hero worship, but here I'll make an exception.
Place: John Elway
Show: John McEnroe. Ahem. I'll move along ...

Amen. I was a huge fan years before I ever set foot in Winston. When they played the Vantage tournaments at Tanglewood, I would always feel as though I could leave any time after watching Arnie hit a few shots and still have gotten my money's worth. If you were in the gallery, you had the feeling that he made eye contact and connected with you.

I know I will get crucified for this but...

asuqb2007.jpg

He has given me more joy than any athlete ever

I sat next to AE in our public speaking class the spring semester after the Michigan game. We had to present a book report to the class once and his speech lasted about 15 seconds, and since it was so short, I couldn't help but commit it to memory: "This book was about some slaves, that escaped to Canada, and they made a hockey team, and its called 'Black Ice'. Thank you." True story.

Back