• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your all time favorite athlete

I know I will get crucified for this but...

asuqb2007.jpg

He has given me more joy than any athlete ever

He's my #1 of college athletes and it's not even close.

Insert joke about pro career here

Had this poster in my room for about 20 years... Bo definitely knows...

bo_jackson102.jpg

Bo is prolly the most amazing athlete since Jim Thorpe. That said,

Baseball: Brooks Robinson
Football: Johnny Unitas
Hoops: Timmy
Hockey: Gretzky
Soccer: Messi
Golf: Arnie

Again. This thread is strong with the LOWF force.

I think it's LOWF to rule out all-time greats because they went to Carolina. I hate Carolina too. But do you think Carolina fans rule out liking Tim Duncan because he went to Wake?

Bo is prolly the most amazing athlete since Jim Thorpe. That said,

Baseball: Brooks Robinson
Football: Johnny Unitas
Hoops: Timmy
Hockey: Gretzky
Soccer: Messi
Golf: Arnie

At least you pull for all of the underdogs

The test for me is whether or not the player would cause you to root against your own team if he were playing against you. Curry is the only player I can think of that meets that criteria for me. Whichever team he plays for is the team I'm following.

GMac.jpg

6 three pointers in the first half of the national championship game + 3 more years of great memories

At least you pull for all of the underdogs

Well, I went to Wake and am from Balmur (though I did have a bit of a tough time choosing between Unitas, Jim Parker and John Mackey). So did ya expect me to say Strange, Hoch or Lanny? And I'm not as into hockey and soccer, and there weren't any Balmur teams there, but Gretzky and Messi are prolly the most fun to watch guys to have played their respective sports.

The test for me is whether or not the player would cause you to root against your own team if he were playing against you. Curry is the only player I can think of that meets that criteria for me. Whichever team he plays for is the team I'm following.

Put a different way, bkf's son would not qualify as bkf's all-time favorite athlete

Back